SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

good news tbond and redsuns - soon we'll all ahve our cars running again...

dave?! wens urs ready? :D

thursdays meet will be sexual

ps im soo hungover - my head is killing me :D

good to see ur car will be back soon tas. tacio bad luck man, shit happens with such old cars.

my update.

saturday - had to work :P , welder had a family emergency so no go on the guards being installed today, however he test fitted on thursday and they were amazingly good considering he made them remotely.

sunday - got back from driving mrs. / family to the airport. had a go mounting up hydro / dual handbrake setup, looking how best to fit. Had to cut allot out of the centre glove box. Unpicked the handbrake mount off the halfcut, going to weld in so both handbrakes bolt in :) and fitted my water temp sensor, catch can, oil cooler adaptor and afm/bov to motor. Cycled some oil through her as she will be sitting for a bit. Notice in pic i f**ked off the rb25 oil cooler/filter and fitted a rb20 filter adaptor, so could bypass the coolent lines. Now oil soely cooled by my mamoth oil cooler.

28062009132.jpg

28062009133.jpg

28062009134.jpg

dave and tristan, show us a photo of the oil cooler? i found a whole bunch of trust/ greddy ones.. they vary between 16 and 19 rows but are shit expensive.. thus could go same choice as youj guys..

dave, nice work buddy, its just looking better and better each day!

on wednesday, taking my new front bumper to mates workshop to get it fitted and then get a final quote on the paint job.. fingers crossed

The advantage of the TRUST ones is that they have a thermostat, which allows the oil to get up to temp faster so you are not driving round with cold oil all the time.

I am not sure if those coolers dave and tristan got have a thermostat or not but I am guessing not. And they probably need one, they are f***ing huge

oil coolers don't have thermostats, as I can see. unless its built into the core. Depending on placement of the cooler can assist with temperature. I removed my rb25 standard cooler to also prevent to much cooling. There just your basic justjap jobs. You either pay through the ass for a jap branded cooler or just go mediocre with a generic / Chinese brand and use the brain more and sort problems out urself. September is close approaching... i would of had it in paint by now if the guards had been done 1month ago like they should have. Ignore the temp mounts / pen marks everywhere, took a while to position it all right.

Got home from work today, first unpicked and sanded back the handbrake mounts. And had a play mounting the dual setup.

Major photos:

29062009135.jpg

29062009136.jpg

The idea of the setup complete.

29062009142.jpg

th_29062009145.jpg th_29062009146.jpg

Other Shots:

th_29062009138.jpg th_29062009139.jpg th_29062009140.jpg

Its coming along slowly... very :)

Edited by 32_Dave

Thanks Tacio matey for tonight you are a life saver.. pizza's tasted great gf even loved the pasta!

picked up the coilovers.. the fronts are pretty much brand new rofl.. but has different camber tops on gonna remove them later.

tommorrow night! braided lines!

dog c*nt mongrel po po tonight gave me 3 demerit points and $80 for turning right at a dont turn right between 4-6

yeh it was 545 - but still he was a dog

heres a little bit;

"howd u miss the signs buddy"

- "i was running late for work"

"there are 4 signs"

- "i didnt notice im sorry officer"

"mate u shuda noticed the signs"

-"yep well i didnt did i"

"mate how many signs do you need"

f**ker!

ugh

1point for 6months :|

/rant

(awaits mad keyboard warriors - "ur a dog", "ur a hoon", etc etc)

dog c*nt mongrel po po tonight gave me 3 demerit points and $80 for turning right at a dont turn right between 4-6

yeh it was 545 - but still he was a dog

heres a little bit;

"howd u miss the signs buddy"

- "i was running late for work"

"there are 4 signs"

- "i didnt notice im sorry officer"

"mate u shuda noticed the signs"

-"yep well i didnt did i"

"mate how many signs do you need"

f**ker!

ugh

1point for 6months :|

/rant

(awaits mad keyboard warriors - "ur a dog", "ur a hoon", etc etc)

i did 12 months on one point, with no speedo. you will be fine

ya hoon dog etc etc :P