SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

12 hours of staring at a puta screen...

I finds lots of stuffs ;)

lol Yeah I've noticed. I watched the turtle thing the other day (or was that this morning :) ) and was like, what the? but then I watched this and it took it to a whole new level. ha ha

Wow, well an update;

That debriefing session was massive (4 hours)...

I thought I went alright based on how many cars I over took, however my time needs much improvement to get anywhere near the front...

I set the forth fastest lap of the day, but only did it once... I need to be more consistent to get up near the front...

Most of my laps were 3 or more seconds off the front runners, only pulled 2 laps close to the front runners consistent times...

I also torched the car pretty bad apparently, tires wreaked, steering arm bent, rev'ed the engine way too hard and was un-kind on the brakes...

Today shows me that racing is not all about smashing every bit of HP out but more about technique and driving lines...

As I said I have much to learn... Driving into those blind corners is scary, very scary actually...

All you see is a concrete wall and you know what the corn looks like on the other side but then there is 6 or 7 other cars around you...

Popping exhausts & skidding the wheels under brakes across the shiny surface...

Its hard work too, my arms, hips & neck are so sore... The experience is priceless and im loving it but its taken more than I expected...

Aussie race cars were described to me as a fast go-kart, im yet to put words together that describes it accurately...

PS> Having a ball tho :wub:

So how does a general smo ( i.e me ) get to have a crack at what your doing ?

With about 70k for a season...

Or get sponsorship and make someone else pay the 70k per season...

I got a ride at QR through a mate, they liked my lap times and were desperate for a driver for two rounds this season... My story i a bit different...

I will most likely never drive again after this weekend, it was more about right place right time for me...

The regular driver will be back next round to take his spot back... :wub:

Wow, well an update;

That debriefing session was massive (4 hours)...

I thought I went alright based on how many cars I over took, however my time needs much improvement to get anywhere near the front...

I set the forth fastest lap of the day, but only did it once... I need to be more consistent to get up near the front...

Most of my laps were 3 or more seconds off the front runners, only pulled 2 laps close to the front runners consistent times...

I also torched the car pretty bad apparently, tires wreaked, steering arm bent, rev'ed the engine way too hard and was un-kind on the brakes...

Today shows me that racing is not all about smashing every bit of HP out but more about technique and driving lines...

As I said I have much to learn... Driving into those blind corners is scary, very scary actually...

All you see is a concrete wall and you know what the corn looks like on the other side but then there is 6 or 7 other cars around you...

Popping exhausts & skidding the wheels under brakes across the shiny surface...

Its hard work too, my arms, hips & neck are so sore... The experience is priceless and im loving it but its taken more than I expected...

Aussie race cars were described to me as a fast go-kart, im yet to put words together that describes it accurately...

PS> Having a ball tho :laugh:

With about 70k for a season...

Or get sponsorship and make someone else pay the 70k per season...

I got a ride at QR through a mate, they liked my lap times and were desperate for a driver for two rounds this season... My story i a bit different...

I will most likely never drive again after this weekend, it was more about right place right time for me...

The regular driver will be back next round to take his spot back... :laugh:

That sounds so awesome. Any video footage? So this is proper door to door stuff right? Are the cars a step below V8 supercars or same regs n specs?

Scarnon mangs?

Windscreen chips getting fixed today. Indicator canceller is fixed and the rest of the S13 stuff might be in by this arvo :laugh:

That sounds so awesome. Any video footage? So this is proper door to door stuff right? Are the cars a step below V8 supercars or same regs n specs?

They are a half scale car powered by a motorcycle engine and transmission (geared to the changes)...

Yes its door to door racing, more touch's than the utes most sessions...

Its tight and particularly scary in a concrete jungle...

It has become very popular with up to 40 cars on track at once, it costs a 1/10 what a supercar costs to own and run...

Here is video from clipsal 500 eariler in the year...