SAU Community

astra turbo? xr6 turbo?

kr1sh

well for years and years theres been the issue where u get ur fellaz that drive the v8's challenging the fellaz that drive the turbocharged v6's...our "society" has always been bagged out by the holden/ford "society", and now they go on makin turbocharged cars of their own. its really sickening. i dont think i know wat im on about, but i think some of u have an idea of wat i mean!

your "society"?

there is more to life than skylines you know....

Dude.

If anything, more turbo variants, the better..

there is nothing wrong with more choices of performance cars to choose from..

And you go on about V8 drivers challenging V6 turbo's..

First of all, skylines have Straight 6's, and FORD has made a STRAIGHT 6 TURBO not a v8 turbo.

and the ATSRA is a 4 cylinder turbo like many other 4 cylinder turbos.. 200sx, wrx etc...

and this is really sickening to you?

you've got issues dude...

do other turbo cars make you feel insecure or something?

and how old are you if you don't mind me asking?

about 18 would be my guess.

$37k for Astra Turbo - FWD - 2ltr 4cyl - 147kw, 250Nm

$43k for XR6 Turbo - RWD - 4ltr 6cyl - 240kw, 450Nm

For a $6k difference? Let the figures do the talking....

The GT30/40 turbo in the Falcon is good for 600+hp. Dunno what the Astra turbocharger is specs wise but the XR6T really is good news for future tuning.

Horses for courses but dont even mention these 2 cars in the same thread!! :P ....

It is exciting though having more new cars entering the tuning foray...

It had to happen sooner or later, the manufacturers must have finnaly realised what a large market there is for turbo cars, and decided to try and get a peice of the pie.

They are obviously trying to break into the type of market that untill now would have been buying imports, or nissan Aust delivered turbo's.

XR6 TURBO

"Those who think that simple bolt-ons will do anything for this vehicle without seriously compromising engine durability are making a huge mistake. The manufacturer has gone to truly extra ordinary lengths to prevent aftermarket enhancements from altering the power output of this engine."

bulllllshiiiiiiiit

firstly, if you think that the car market is being flooded by turbos, then your in dream land.

For the 2 new turbo vehicles you meantioned, how many are dropping the turbos.... eg, the new skyline, the 350z etc etc.

and kr1sh, i think you will find the last bit of that statement you posted pretty true.

"The manufacturer has gone to truly extra ordinary lengths to prevent aftermarket enhancements from altering the power output of this engine"

not only have they made it damn hard to play with the ecu, but it will tell them of boost changes etc that have been made, making any warranty void.

however, in the next few years when these vehicles drop out of the warranty period, im sure u will find some very mean examples on the street.

What are you guys whinging about?

The government has given the import industry a lethal injection. If cars like the Astra turbo and XR6T are not produced, where are you going to buy your turbos cars from? Or you'll keep your R33s for the next 20 years?

Food for thought. I think its a great move to see some of this new stuff in the marketplace.

And yes I know of a 500rwhp XR6T it hasnt taken them long