SAU Community

Time Wasters!

zerotohundred

start rant: so im selling off my previous ride.. mitsu lancer 97 fully modded for 9K... reduced from 11k coz. these guys arranged to come and see the car and take it for a test drive in the afternoon. so i put off a couple of things.. they didnt rock up till 6:30.. takes the car for test drive and start negotiating the price with me... i told em i cudnt go lower than 8.5K.. they were like ah ok.... happy to pay tht amt and stuff. gave them a bit of history abt the car and the mods. after everything... i got offered 5K.. at first i thought they were joking. took me a while to realise tht they were serious.... at this point i got extremely pissed... didnt say nything to em bt nice meeting ya.. 

i mean seriously... u see an advert for a car goin at 9K... if ya wanna negotiate price at least put forward a real offer.. such as 7.5K or 8K. but to put forward an absurd offer like 5K.... jeez..

neways.. just really annoyed atm.

end. rant

ive had wankers do that to me wen i tried to sell my last carr..

"yeh man saturday 10am sounds great"

so i put off everything - im ready at 945 - just hanging out around the house wiating for them..

130 rolls around and they rock up - no msg to say they were running late..

the dog walks around my car actually kicks two of the tires and says he'll give me a buzz in a coupe of dayss and walks back to my car..

my gf then goes to me (loudy) "well wasn't he a f**king wanker with bad hair"

i tried to hold it in but started wetting myself loling

never got a call from him - but it was funny as f**k

LOL i had this problem with my onevia when i was selling it... had these 3 young people about 20 or so ment to come at 12... they messaged e at least saying they were running about 10 min late ( turned out to be 45 min ) there excuse was we couldnt find your house > i live on a main road... but ok.. anywayz car was advertised for 9 k but after test drive talking and everything for about 20 min thye said whats ur lowest i said 7500 in the end they said its a 1990 silva u can get them in the paper for under 4 k so ill offer u 4500.. i just said.. the mods are worth more then 4500 they just said yes but its only 1990!! so i jsut said its ok dont worry about it look for a nother then later on in the night i get message after message saying would you take 5500 then 5700 then 6000 and then they said ok its really not worth the3 car but would u take 6500 i just wrote GET ****** LOL! that was the last of it

My advice would be to stick to a reasonable price and someone who is serious about buying the vehicle will pay it. I just sold my gtst for the asking price. Was offered all sorts of lowball prices even from guys who hadn't seen the car and had someone make comments about the car being overpriced on my for sale thread, again without viewing the car. In the end it wasn't my thread on this site that sold the car, it was carsales and the only serious buyers got in contact with me from carsales. Seems there are a lot of dreamers and keyboard warriors on SAU

Yeah, there are alot of f#$k wits out there.

Just make sure you have a poll with you at all times, if he gets smart, grab his hand, place it on the concrete and smack it with the poll.

Then, grab some pliers, and cut off his left middle finger, once off, pull his pants down, shove the finger deep in his a$$, and tell them to get f$%ked. :)

Couple of years back we were selling a VY SS ute, was a nice car, few mods, back then the going rate was about 22k. we got this little punk who was still on his p's come a look at it, and then he was like, I really really want this car, but I don't have all the money. Can I give you a deposit of 4k and take the car and I'll pay you back?

After staring at him blankly in dead silence for about 5mins we laughed at him and told him to get fecked...

I had this problem with a certain member on this forum.

Asks me to drive an hour out of my way to come show him the car because he "was really interested"

I drive the hour out of my way, he doesnt say anything to me or ask me any questions about the car. His uncle test drives it. Says "we haven't decided if he's allowed a turbo car yet"

And that was it. Didn't hear anything back and wasted ~2.5 hours of my time, driving there and back with some wasted talking in between.

Same thing happened to me - was trying to sell Skyline in Melb before I decided to just bring it over. Guy took it for test drive, came back 2 hours later, tyres smoking and fuel nearly on empty! I was hell farked off. Lucky I got Italian brothers who sorted it for me lol.

Thats so cute. You modded a Lancer. :P

Same thing happened to me - was trying to sell Skyline in Melb before I decided to just bring it over. Guy took it for test drive, came back 2 hours later, tyres smoking and fuel nearly on empty! I was hell farked off. Lucky I got Italian brothers who sorted it for me lol.

Thats so cute. You modded a Lancer. :banana:

You actually let them take the car for a spin without going with them ? :P

You actually let them take the car for a spin without going with them ? :banana:

Stupid me. Also had another guy there looking at the Evo, so couldn't go with him. Guy had a newish Jeep which he left at my place while test driving, so I could have always stripped it for parts to sell if he hadn't of come back I guess :banana:

Never put 2 cars up for sale in same weekend!

:P

I had someone contact me about my Skyline wondering hoe low I'd go. I told him I'll drop it from $10k to $8.5k because of the large dent on the side and so he offers me $5k. I told him i've spent that much on the car alone and I'm not letting it go for such a stupidly low price. His excuse was "Mods wont make the value any higher. Also insurance is expensive and I don't want to buy a car for $8500 without seeing it first". Dude, get f**ked.

I had someone contact me about my Skyline wondering hoe low I'd go. I told him I'll drop it from $10k to $8.5k because of the large dent on the side and so he offers me $5k. I told him i've spent that much on the car alone and I'm not letting it go for such a stupidly low price. His excuse was "Mods wont make the value any higher. Also insurance is expensive and I don't want to buy a car for $8500 without seeing it first". Dude, get f**ked.

depending on the mods, simple ones like exhaust, pods, rims, lowering wont make the value go up a great deal.

The seller also needs to understand that if you was the buyer, you would want to get the best deal possible too, so put yourself in their shoes.

obviously 2hrs for a test drive is a bit overboard, but you dont sell cars everyday so just tough it out and hopefully you can sell for the price you want.

depending on the mods, simple ones like exhaust, pods, rims, lowering wont make the value go up a great deal.

The seller also needs to understand that if you was the buyer, you would want to get the best deal possible too, so put yourself in their shoes.

obviously 2hrs for a test drive is a bit overboard, but you dont sell cars everyday so just tough it out and hopefully you can sell for the price you want.

Agree on that.

However, asking for 50% of the price is a bit much... and shows little to no respect.

Ive been suffering the same thing. Selling a honda euro atm, at that time my asking price was 23k due to full alpine audio system, 19 inch rims and only 50 000ks on the clock.. got some dude call me up offer me 16k.

Said similar things that my audio shouldn't increase the price and that there are "heaps" of 2004 euros with only 50 000ks on the clock.

I just hung up.

Agree on that.

However, asking for 50% of the price is a bit much... and shows little to no respect.

Ive been suffering the same thing. Selling a honda euro atm, at that time my asking price was 23k due to full alpine audio system, 19 inch rims and only 50 000ks on the clock.. got some dude call me up offer me 16k.

Said similar things that my audio shouldn't increase the price and that there are "heaps" of 2004 euros with only 50 000ks on the clock.

I just hung up.

The thing is, there are heaps of euros out there. My cousin just bought a 2005 luxury euro for 17k. And if you wanted to compare apple for apple, it would be the buyer is buying your car and is forced to buy the soundsystem and the rims at 6k. You need to ask yourself being a buyer what would you do. I'm not trying to rip into you, but when i come to sell things, yea having a few mods here and there is a bonus. But if you need to spend 6k more why not buy your own rims and get the sound system installed to your personal liking than buy someone elses. You know what i mean. I'm probably sounding like one of them time wasters, but im sure there are people out there that think like me.