SAU Community

Help Setting Actuators To Stock Boost - Gtr

Hey Guys, Hope someone can point me in the right direction. Got an R32 GTR and for reliability ive just changed the ceramic turbos for Steel. They are recond r33 gtr units with a bit more flow and came with the actuators already set by the previous owner who had a tuned r33.

They are on now and ive been driving it for a couple weeks.. albeit a little gingerly. Seems its boosting too high and i believe its because the actuators that came with the turbos are not set correctly.

The first time ive pushed it, it went to 1.0 to 1.1 bar and then the car went into some fuel cut mode or the ecu cut the spark or something. It kept running normally once boost went down. So at the moment im just driving it and im using my right foot to keep the boost below 0.7.

I just want stock boost or a small gain over stock. Do you guys think im on the right track with setting actuators? Perhaps there is some hose or something basic that has come off?

If actuators are the place to look.. Any tips on setting them? Is there like a air pressure guage that i could stick on them and see when they activate. I hate the idea of pulling all the air intake crap off and then guessing where to turn the nut on them only to find out its not quite right and do it all again.

Car has standard ecu. I put dumps on with the turbos if that matters.

cheers,

Mike

Edited by hazerb30