SAU Community

R33 Gtr Dropping Cylinder 2 When Warmed Up

Hi everyone,

I have used search and found allot about misfires and other related issues, but nothing specific to my problem. Hoping to get some advice.

Issue:

I warm my car up to 80c on water temp (ambient water temp) and then as soon as she's about to drop idle down, Cylinder 2 stops working.

To date, engine compression is fine 155 on all cyls. Have tried the following to fix the problem: (also note that cylinder comes back on if you rev the engine, then shortly stops afterwards. If driving, you can feel it working, but it misfires.

So far, have replaced the following with no improvement.

Spark Plugs

Ignitor

Coil Packs

Coil Pack Loom

Tried that and Cylinder 2 still drops out when the car is warm. Also, Cylinder 2 comes back on when driving or revving the engine (but with a misfire).

Any other ideas? CAS?

Appears to be a temp issue..anyone?

Thank you for everyones help.

Christian

I wouldnt put my money on the CAS, more on a damage on the cylinder or a ring.. Weird though since the compression is solid.

Other then that it does feel like an ignition problem but as you state, you've covered some of those areas :woot:

Have you tried the diagnosis on the ECU? Or resetting the ECU?

Drove a R33 GTR that wouldnt run as it should, stuttered, but that was due to a bad lambda, doesnt sound like it though!

Thanks for that. Dont think its that though..

Add some specs of the car to help everyone:

R33 GTR

Engine Rebuild - Forged etc etc

Tomei Poncams

2 x Trust T51 Turbos

Power FC D-Jetro

Sard 750cc Injectors

Bigger Fuel Pump

Oil Cooler

Larger Intercooler

Splitfires

AVCR

Full Turboback Exhaust System..

That should help a little. Running 363RWKW's. - Still dropping when its warm. - What could cause one cylinder to stop when hot? And then come back on if i rev it...then when idle returns to normal, its drops out again...

Christian

dodgy injector plug?? no.1 cyl on my rb20 will drop out because the plug is a little loose.

Thanks for that. Would this usually happen when your car would heat up? - Like fail when warm?

Getting my injectors taken out today and cleaned (so maybe this might work).

Can anyone please tell me if a faulty CAS would cause my problem?

Cheers.