SAU Community

New-ish Gcg 3071 Based - Gtst Turbo

Ive left it in ATS's hands to build my garrett gt30 using a large 6bolt nissan housing (modified op6 I think) and front 45v3 housing, highly modified plus longer snout

they rate it at 270rwkw and stated several times on different days, different employees, that it had FAR less lag than the GCG equivalent highflow turbo.

will post specs and details when I get the GT30 next week with new lines.

How much is that setting you back if you don't mind me asking mate?

The reason I went with the .82 housing is I have read everything in these forums over the last seven years and many forums overseas. I had the GCG hi-flow and was basically ripped off from day one. That turbo will not flow more than 220kws as the comp and turbine housings are just too small. Yours however will do much better. I believe the target you have set is realistic but with one small reserve from me, boost control.

If the 71mm comp wheel flows more than the turbine housing and waste-gate can deal with then the turbine wheel will want to over-speed because the waste-gate cannot release enough exhaust. This is easily fixed as has been done by others by enlarging the waste-gate. But that's IF, you may be OK. If CRD say they have done many of these things then cool. Frankly I have no faith in work shops any more and do all my own work and research. As an aside, I believe the 3076 .82 housing is THE perfect turbo for the RB25 engine. Mind you I am happy with mine but would like more flow from the compressor with the added bonus of less boost needed. I know you will be happy with the outcome of your project and then of course, you'll want more. :blush:

Hope you have injectors and puter to.

How much is that setting you back if you don't mind me asking mate?

Gave Bill @ ATS some stuff I bought for a credit - this included:

a new garrett metal 16g comp wheel & td05h turbine shaft set, new ceramic ball bearing shaft pack, dead gt2871 core housing & a complete dead R33 turbo.

My costs on the new parts were $249usd and he's very kindly agreed to put this gear on his shelf for a credit

His price for oil line, water line adapter and custom GT30 turbo was around the Two & a half thousand mark, less credit

I'll be paying them 2grand, maybe slightly more. We havent come to an actual final figure but I kept saying for around 2g cash + parts Id order it, so we'll see . . . :blush:

Skylinecouple.... did you have the R33 rear housing or the OP6 rear?

Alternatively I would want the 3071 with T3 0.82 rear with suitable dump but it's a lot more money. There seems to be a big gap between boost point of 2871 and 3076 though, about 700rpm.

Existence: I'd be wary of T2 based 0.64 rear - they can't flow much.

http://www.modyourcar.com.au/rb-nissan-spe...ing-turbo-p5224

gt3071r or 76r

6-bolt exhaust housing

$2150 plus lines

these are a pain to fit (not a bolt on) and will place you near the kit price offered from gcg....

the best highflow ive had through lately was a gcg highflow, made more power (260ish) at less boost than the hypergear (the hypergear was more responsive but only just and topped out at 229rwkw). It was on a SAU'ers car so i will find his results post.

Edited by URAS

Mine was the genuine Garrett 60mm turbine wheel. Has been fantastic but seems to run out of puff at the top end. As for the GCG hi-flow I had, well, I'll will put it this way, I paid for MY turbo to be hi-flowed and stressed it had to make the claimed power. I spent the next three years and some complaints to GCG trying to get the bloody thing to do what was promised. Injectors, bell mouthed dump, biggest cat I could find, Tune after bloody tune by the best. And didn't I feel like an idiot when it finally dawned on me I'd been ripped off. Actually, it was Jim at CRD that told me not to waste my money but GCG insisted it would do the numbers. CRAP. I strongly suspect they gave me the turbine off an RB20 or something equally stupid.

As Trent has alluded to, the best you can hope for is 260kws. That's if everything is perfect and they have machined the housing just right. Trouble is, you have paid for a turbo that has no more left in it. 260 is not that much. I used to think so before I had it, but now 300 is looking much better. Get a decent turbo and be done with it, 3076 .82.

Daniel you have to understand that having low boost doesn't mean there is no power at low revs. I don't make full boost under 3,300-3,400rpm but it is already making more power than the hi-flow well before that. If drag racing is your thing then the power is even better as it is more progressive and doesn't light the tires at 2,700rpm. Mind you, I think to get someone to do everything for you the price may be $2,000 for turbo, $500 for extras, labour and then dump, then tune.

So do GCG still make the XTRGTST-GT3071R or not? I enquired about a hiflo RB25 turbo and they said ~2000$. It would be ball bearing. They told me they make a Garret GT3071R kit that will fit the 25 for ~3000$/ But I don't know what the exhaust housing is like. Whether it is the standard RB25DET 6 bolt setup or not...

So do GCG still make the XTRGTST-GT3071R or not? I enquired about a hiflo RB25 turbo and they said ~2000$. It would be ball bearing. They told me they make a Garret GT3071R kit that will fit the 25 for ~3000$/ But I don't know what the exhaust housing is like. Whether it is the standard RB25DET 6 bolt setup or not...

If they want you to pay $3,000 just buy the 3076 and shop around on these forums for someone to help put it all together. Since you will probably have to make an intake pipe as well there is equal amounts of work in both so go with the bigger turbo.

Just spoke to Luis at drift garage and he quoted $1,500 for installing 3076. Not bad considering he will do the lines, dump, intake. You just supply the turbo, flange, and spacer. That's $3,500 drive in drive out. $3,000 for a GCG kit ? I don't think so. Get a real man's turbo. It will put hairs on your chest. I actually speak with a deeper voice now with a bigger turbo. ;)

So do GCG still make the XTRGTST-GT3071R or not?

No

If they want you to pay $3,000 just buy the 3076 and shop around on these forums for someone to help put it all together. Since you will probably have to make an intake pipe as well there is equal amounts of work in both so go with the bigger turbo.

GCG do a BOLT ON 3071 OR 3076 package for $AUD3070