SAU Community

Engine Warning?

Have had the GTR for a week and installed a Mines turbo back exhaust yesterday. After a short period and a little bit of thrashing the engine warning light came on. Has anybody experienced this? Is it just a matter of Nissan doing a computer reset?

Any help would be appreciated.

Evils,

If you have the turbo back downpipes installed what did you do re the O2 sensors? I believe that you will get the check engine light unless you install an O2 simulator or alternatively run a custom program on a Cobb accessport which can stop the check engine light from coming on:

See: http://www.aj-racing.com/shop/home.php?cat=480

Slip.

Have had the GTR for a week and installed a Mines turbo back exhaust yesterday. After a short period and a little bit of thrashing the engine warning light came on. Has anybody experienced this? Is it just a matter of Nissan doing a computer reset?

Any help would be appreciated.

Evils,

If you have the turbo back downpipes installed what did you do re the O2 sensors? I believe that you will get the check engine light unless you install an O2 simulator or alternatively run a custom program on a Cobb accessport which can stop the check engine light from coming on:

See: http://www.aj-racing.com/shop/home.php?cat=480

Slip.

This information is correct. We still haven't tried the o2 extension bung yet, but we have done the custom AccessPORT tune and it will keep the check engine light off.

Do you have cats in the exhaust? It is probably a catalyser warning and the dealer can reset the warning light but it will keep coming back on when the engine reaches a certain temperature. That was what happened with mine.

igot an mechanic and auto electician to look at mine, they both said its nothing! so the electrician just turned off the engine light on the bak of my dash! dodge but effective...

I had the same issue with those pesky seatbelt, handbrake and air bag lights....I just cut the wires...no more issues. :D

I would say get the real fix and get the light turned back on....just in case.

Cheers