SAU Community

Why Buy A Skyline?

Hanaldo

If your mate is going to go in the Navy, tell him to wait. My cousin who was 19 at the time went into the army with a bug eye WRX, a month later of owning that he got a 350hp RB26 R32 GTS-4, then got (while with GTS-4) a VK SS Group A (which is his current bunky daily!!), then sold the 32 to get a 5ltr VT Clubbie which he put a twin turbo kit on, and then sold that to get a 500hp atw 32 GTR which is now sold and I have no clue as to what he's getting next. This was all in the space of one year!! You're always out to try and beat your fellow defence force pals.

When I was selling my R I had this co-worker wanting to buy the car for her son. The reason 'to keep my son at home, as he wanted to move out of home and he is mad about Skylines'. Maybe he should try that trick on his dad, but then his ol man might want him out as well hahahaha.

Yeh except it sounds like your cousin doesnt really know what type of car he wanted, he just bought them because they have a good rep. If you are gonna do that, then why not buy a Porsche or Ferrari? But me, gimme a R34 over any $500,000 car any day. Me and my mate are both just passionate about Skylines, and he also likes Silvia's.

Lol, he could try that trick if his dad still lived with him, but his parents are separated... Perhaps the reason his dad is so loaded... Lol JUST KIDDING =P

by the sounds of it, ur mate is going to borrow money buy a car, be a sick drifter and probably crash it.

spur of the moment buyer.

tell him to wait and look into it and do abit of research on these cars.

i dont know if someone has posted this up or not yet but its quite simple in terms of owning line.

if you cant afford to maintain/run it dont bother owning one. (this doesnt even include insurance where it starts from 1.5k+ a year)

if you want fuel efficient dont bother owning one. (although it depends on how you drive skylines thirst for fuel)

im missing a few bits here but im sure some of the boys here knows what it feels like to own a sky.

happy motoring =)

look Martin I think your missing the point. I'm trying to do a young fella a favour. There is a certain base in Perth that, for quite a while, was littered with new falcodores...slowly rusting away next to the beach. You have to be home to enjoy it mate. I didn't own a car for 18 months, I hired one every time I was home...worked out a cheaper

I didn't say he doesn't deserve it, I couldn't give a rats ass if he gets one to be truly honest. My income and lifestyle allow me to have the toys. If I were spending money on a 'Line at a proportional level to your mate I would have a brand new R35 in the drive way...cash

In the end your mate will or wont buy one. If he does and he turns up at a members cruise I will greet him like a good friend but as someone who has a bit of life experience I would try and talk him out of it. Just as I have with an other friend who bought one anyway. Buy a house.