SAU Community

Low Oil Pressure & Bad Misfire

nissyline

Hi all fairly new to SAU, just got a few questions if anyone could help??? recently bought my 2nd R33 for 7K, it used to be a non turbo auto, but is now turbo manual... not sure weather the turbo just got slapped onto the N/A motor or if it's had a new engine, it's done 157,000kms and i've replaced plugs, oil, added a cooler and lowered the boost from 9psi on a bleed valve back to the standard 5-7psi solenoid... my main question is after a the car is fairly warm about an hour of driving it nearly has no oil pressure and when i get into it, it has a really bad misfire like it's detonating... any ideas or feedback would be much appreciated???

misfire and detonating is 2 different thing. Does it stutter or runs, idle badly when you put your foot down?

When you say low oil pressure, how low are we talking about? Oil pressure suppose to drop when the car is warm'd up. Does the warning light come on?

I would clean and check the AFM, coil pack 1st, then air leak. It could also be a air leak somwhere causing it to run rough. Really need more details m8, it could be a combination of a number of things.

Edited by __PhaseShiftDown