SAU Community

&*%$#@! Fan Shat Itself Didn't It

STAG250

got as far as the 130 km mark from home and noticed the volts wavering ahaa I think to myself that new amp for the sub sure must be making itself felt but what's this funny smell here? seems familiar and as I'm pulling into destination dinner time the steam engulfs the car

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not again?!?!?!?!? I've just been through all this

too right cobber she's as dead as a dingo's reckoning on baby Azaria

just as well I got to my cafe for dinner as I had to wait a couple of hours for the rescue crew

345 gold coins later and I'm back pouring out my woes to you fellas

anyone else been similarly blessed with the same troubles on their nm35 stags?

anyone else been similarly blessed with the same troubles on their nm35 stags?

Sorta.

After the heatwave we had here earlier in the year, my radiator went into emo-mode.

Top and bottom tank and one of the tube's decided that life was not worth living and pissed out fluid like an artery had been severed.

But that is about it.

How did your fan crap itself?

From what I know, cooling M35's is a priority even for the Japanese.

I am assuming that you still have the engine fan and have not "upgraded" to an electric setup?

How did your fan crap itself?

the viscous coupling crapped out

kind of rare but maybe not for rs 250 t's, mine's done 134,000 km's now and is 7 years old

new rad ex japan = NZ$1400 alone plus extra for fan, shroud etc.

now for the wait, hopefully not as long as it took last year (4 plus weeks)

me = :)

wow thats really unlucky!!

134k km isnt really all that much. im over 100k now and im worried a little. if the turbo goes i dont mind, just means an upgrade :) but all these other little things........

the viscous coupling crapped out

kind of rare but maybe not for rs 250 t's, mine's done 134,000 km's now and is 7 years old

new rad ex japan = NZ$1400 alone plus extra for fan, shroud etc.

now for the wait, hopefully not as long as it took last year (4 plus weeks)

me = :D

My RS = 8 years old with 149,000kms on the clock.

Why are you getting a replacement 16mm core radiator when you could get one made up to fit (see below) for MUCH less?

trouble is the radiators aren't your standard vq parts as I suspect the NA's are

Correct!

holy shit they REALLY changed stuff on the M35 compared to the V35

100% Verified.

Hence the reason I had to sell that beautiful (MASSIVE) G35 Mishimoto radiator I bought in from the US (lost a heap of $$$ on it too).

Got a custom Race Radiators unit installed with Nismo thermostat. Keeps it quite a bit cooler. Now I just gotta get a radiator breather tank and a larger FMIC... (here we go again)

Don't have pics of radiator, but it is full aluminium, 42mm core with 55mm tanks. No trans cooler though.

Direct OE replacement. Still use the fan shroud!

Edited by iamhe77

My RS = 8 years old with 149,000kms on the clock.

Why are you getting a replacement 16mm core radiator when you could get one made up to fit (see below) for MUCH less?

uh? I looked but I could not find oh wise one

please to be informing me

how much you paid?

and do you need to get those other parts you mention or is that a wish ist?

$730.

I had to install (easy stuff!)

Only needed to open up (just a little bit) one of the supports for the condenser, otherwise it fit peerrrrrrfectly!

Trans cooler (or two) is a must, as the coolers they use in the radiator are a bit too short - one of the barbs would be right at the bottom of the fan blade... May fit, but I didn't want to take the chance (inbuilt 200mm trans cooler is an extra $80).

Other stuff (breather tank, FMIC) is wish list. Not necessary, although the breather tank does appeal to my logic!

They also do custom FMIC's using PWR cores that have been tested to withstand 300psi... or a constant 100psi (so they may be able to deal with our boost levels :) )

Edited by iamhe77