SAU Community

Indicators not working R-34 GT-T

Hi Guys,

Well, I've just bought my R-34 (thanks Cr34tion :P ) and not four hours after I bought it it has sprung up a rather unusual fault.

The indicators dont work when you activate them from the stalk in on the steering column, they don't work when you push the hazard button, BUT they do work when you blip the alarm.

There is a fuse in the drivers side fuse panel which blows. After I replace the fuse the indicators work and I have once replaced it with a new 10 amp fuse (as originally fitted) and once with a 15 amp fuse which has also blown. They work for a little while after putting the fuse in, but not for long.

The unsual thing is that they work with the alarm but not with the indicator stalk.

This is a pain in the arse cos I FREAKIN HATE people who don't indicate, and now I'm one of them, but not by choice.

My question is that has this happened to anyone and how did you fix it, or where should I start looking.

No globes have been replaced recently and all globes work.

Any ideas??? I'm pulling my hair out.

BASS OUT

The eletrical system will be shorting out somewhere, You'd need to take it to an auto electric's place to get it fixed properly.

The other possiable fix, is to replace ALL the fuses in the car, I don't have a Skyline thou I do have a car that has the exact same problem, and it seems that if there's a dodgey fuse (the lucky option..) once it's replaced you'd have no problems. some fuses can brake but still work, the problem is though they can stuff up currents etc etc blowing other fuses.

The other problem would be a wire touching a ground somewhere, one of the indicators might not be wired well and thus touch the metal, or it could be any wire in the whole car... thus requiring you to get it fixed properly at a shop.

Whatever you do, do it ASAP, as you don't need to give the cops an excuse to pull over an import and defect you for them not working!

Shouldn't be a fuse though, as they are obviously getting power if they flash with the alarm.