SAU Community

Vicroads And Bpay...

htial

A few weeks ago I got my Licence Renewal and about a week after that I logged into my internet banking and paid it... ...Come to Monday just gone and I get pulled over for what I believe was not giving way to a police car who was doing a U-turn in front of me where I was coming out of a side street and doing a left turn... ...As far as I know I have the right of way in that situation... ...He didn't have his lights on and had to slam his breaks on to avoid hitting me... ...Crises everted and I drive on... ...About 300m down the road his lights come on and I have to drive a bit of a way to get past some parked cars and a bus and he hits the noise too...

Now I think this was my one and only mistake here because when he asked me if I knew why he stopped me I said, "Because you failed to give way while doing a U-turn and have stopped me to apologise to me?"...

He didn't say anything and just asked for my licence... ...I gave it to him and he pointed to the date... ...which was about 7 days past it's expiry... ...So I pull out the renewal form which I wrote down the Bpay code on but forgot to put down the date I paid it... ...And he said that it isn't acceptable and when back to his car for a bit and then told me that I don't have a licence... ...And so today I get the Infringement Notice in the mail...

Now my question is... ...Has anyone ever had trouble with Bpay and VicRoads, or the Police, when it comes to Licence Renewal???...

Mate this tpye of thing happens quite often generally with registrations that are paid on expiriy date. I pull over lots of cars that come up unregistered and they have paid rego by b-pay and obviously vic roads have not processed it. I would also issue fine in that and this case and I just explain to send in copy of renewal, b-pay receipt details to civic compliance on stat dec and fine will be withdrawn.

That way I am covered because records show unreg/unlic and as long as rego/lic paid then easy enough for fine to get withdrawn.

just take it up with vicroads mate. get in contact with them or just go down there and tell them what has happened. i'm pretty sure they should work it out and then you or they could fix up the thing with the infringement. i just paid for my full license through bpay and it went through all good.

I rang vicroads when my licence was about to expire, apparently it takes 10 working days once you've paid for it to come out on the mail!

^Agreed however with my car and boat licences it was 10 working days from renewal. I paid a good couple of weeks before when the notice came through so had the licence prior to expiry :D