SAU Community

Alarm Install Question

shaun123

hey guys,

going to get my alarm installed soon but the shop told me i need to get another part for the door to autolock when i engage the alarm (door actuator ??)

My car doesn't have an alarm atm (opened with the key). When i lock the door from the driver side, it locks the passenger side aswell..

When i bought my car the guy said it has 'central locking' so do i need this part or are they playing tricks on me? :huh:

Edited by shaun123

Try locking/unlocking from the passengers door. If it doesnt lock/unlock the drivers door then you will need an actuator for it

Try retrofitting a secondhand passenger door actuator to the drivers side or get a DSE kit

Maybe.. Sit in the car and lock/unlock both doors from the lock button on each door. If the opposite side locks/unlocks, then you don't need any. If the passenger side works when you operate the driver side then you can use one actuator in the drivers door. When it opens/closes it will cause the passenger side to unlock/lock.

Actuators are (or should be) fairly cheap. I would just let the installer use two if they really want to.

A little confusing, but you will understand if you just try it.

hey guys, thanks for the replies. turned out i did need a door actuator .. had a spare one lying around in the garage so i didn't have to fork out $$ for it :sick:

got a mongoose m80g installed i was wondering if this is meant to happen:

If the system is disarmed and if no doors are opened, the alarm re-arms but the doors arent re-locked?? can i turn it on so the doors are locked? my installer said something about my inside light coming on so it wont auto relock itself?

also noticed the range on the remotes is pretty small... (haven't tried direct line of sight) but with my old cars alarm (crappy one) i used to be able to arm it from within my house/room.. now i cant with this mongoose one which is a shame because i thought this was a top of the range alarm.

I've never seen a drivers door with a act. master in it. If the alarm doesnt have an option for it you'll need a relay,

Could just be a flat battery from sitting in the box for a while.