SAU Community

Vi-pec Ecu

seanisonfire

hey guys

just wanna know everyones feedback who has one..

im getting one installed in 2 weeks in my r33 which only has fmic and c/b exhaust..

would be great if someone would take me for a ride to see what they are like.. prefferably with similar mods to mine to see power gain etc!!

cheers

I'm also saving for one of these on my 33. When I bought it it'd been stripped and so I'm not even sure what effective mods it has, but it's got some form of new exhaust that I've yet to work out, pod filter, running 9 pound, and I've put in a walbro 550hp fuel pump. Before the fuel pump it was running 216 hp =]

Could you tell us how is goes and possibly what it comes to on a dyno once it's in? Also how much are you paying man? And which Vi-Pec model does everybody use? (Sorry for all the questions, but I've been keen on one of these for quite a while =])

Also, does that sound like a reasonable power for that list to anybody? My friend's convinced that completely stock he's at 250hp... Complete and utter waffle, I think; since he's also the same guy who spun out on the saturday cruise in perth and was laughed at so much he went home.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also saving for one of these on my 33. When I bought it it'd been stripped and so I'm not even sure what effective mods it has, but it's got some form of new exhaust that I've yet to work out, pod filter, running 9 pound, and I've put in a walbro 550hp fuel pump. Before the fuel pump it was running 216 hp =]

Could you tell us how is goes and possibly what it comes to on a dyno once it's in? Also how much are you paying man? And which Vi-Pec model does everybody use? (Sorry for all the questions, but I've been keen on one of these for quite a while =])

Also, does that sound like a reasonable power for that list to anybody? My friend's convinced that completely stock he's at 250hp... Complete and utter waffle, I think; since he's also the same guy who spun out on the saturday cruise in perth and was laughed at so much he went home.

After a tune you'll be looking at around 250rwhp. Though the addition of the fuel pump wouldn't have changed your power figure at all.

And your friend should have ~250 engine HP, but closer to 200rwhp if the car is stock.

This is my car with just cat-back exhaust after I imported it.

hyperdrive_dyno0001.jpg

Just a dyno run to check AFRs. Car was running lean, so they didn't even get to peak power.

I'd say 200rwhp for stock/modded is a bit low!

Stock car should pull around 160rwkw-214rwhp

Tuned stock car 175-185rwkw 235-248rwhp @ 11psi

The dyno might say higher, but that's about all a stocker is good for.

Add inj & a pump then 200rwkw should be possible.

This is my car with just cat-back exhaust after I imported it.

hyperdrive_dyno0001.jpg

Just a dyno run to check AFRs. Car was running lean, so they didn't even get to peak power.

I'd say 200rwhp for stock/modded is a bit low!

i imported mine almost a year ago.. and all i did was put cat back xzorst + fmic and plugs and my dyno readout was 238hp! at hyperdrive

is that 238rwhp or just hp??

so with my current power output + Vi-Pec ecu... you would think that the power would jump up to btwn 270-300???

remember the vipec has boost control too.. so it would be running 12psi

it would be really good to hear from someone with proof.. not just wat they reckon will happen!! coz everyone is just saying different figures.....

Ive got a Vi-Pec, FMIC, K&N, fuel pump, fuel reg, full exhaust, stage 1 running 7psi, stage 2 running 14psi

Dyno said 244rwhp when the ecu was first fitted but since ive had a timing belt and a re-tune recently it feels far better to me :blink: im not sure if that figure was before or after the front dump pipe was done either

Edited by Joe_89

i'll fly to brisbane!! hahaha

isnt there anyone in wa with vipec and similar setup to me???? there has to be?

Fair enuf, ill meet ya at th airort then ay hahaha

i have seem a stock 33 with intercooler exhaust and stock ecu with an safc make 299rwhp then went to the drags and ran 13.0 @ 113mph.

lots is 33 made 260 to 280 rwhp.

a have seem an rb20 with rb25 turbo aftermarket ecu intercooler GTR injectors make 280rwhp.

it made 240hp.. which is what it made on another dyno before the vipec!

so someones dyno is messed up!!!??

but i am happy with it! definately a bit more of a kick back! :mad: i need to finish the xzorst to gain more power!! so thats next!!