SAU Community

Nistune In Perth

3LGODZILA

which workshop can i talk to about nistune boards? or someone here may be able to answer a few questions.

ive got an rb25, if ive read correctly ill need a 300zx ECU to keep the vvt or cam advance wateva its called. should i buy this seperatly then go to the workshop or how should i go about purchasing?

will i lose my tune if i disconnect battery or unplug the ECU?

can it be done to an rb25 including dyno/street tuning for under $1000 ?

www.nistune.com lists the following as WA contacts,

Allstar Garage

C-Red Tuning

Kensei Garage

Hyperdrive Motor Sports

Perth Z Performance

Top Racing Pty Ltd

Using a 300ZX ECU on RB25 = WTF....where did you read that?

ECU Resets to factory settings when the battery is left disconnected (or ECU unplugged) for a length of time (exactly how long, I dont know, never re-tuned, so never noticed a difference)

Just noticed this:

"We are thinknig about doing a board for R33 RB25DE/RB25DET but it involves a fair amount of work, and the parts to interface with the existing 84 pin MCU on this ECU. It is a very difficult board to get started on and requires whole new firmware code to be implemented, whilst supporting customers with our existing product line. I will start drafting schematics once Type 5 has been finished and we have got the knock sensing functionality working.

If you are looking for something to get these going then we suggest either using a HCR32 Skyline or Z32 300ZX ECU with a Type 2 board. See our FAQ topics for more information regarding these ECUs.

Your other option, if you really want to use the R33 ECU is to use an emulator with an expensive third party daughter board (pictured above) available from Sam at www.drdrift.com.au "

Hyperdrive have a different tuner now Bubba, I've heard good and bad, *shrugs*

Andy does the tuning now.

Only bad thing that you may have heard is that he does safe tunes.. would you rather your engine pop? theres plenty of other places in perth that can do that for u.

Hyperdrive have a different tuner now Bubba, I've heard good and bad, *shrugs*
Andy does the tuning now.

Only bad thing that you may have heard is that he does safe tunes.. would you rather your engine pop? theres plenty of other places in perth that can do that for u.

Andrew is who tuned my 30, top bloke and my engine hasn't melted :)

He probably did but that was quite some time ago. I think it's been over 2 years since he tuned my 30.

Edit: sorry, make that 18months, dyno sheet says november 2007 :D

Edited by bubba

Hi Gang

What about the "Apexi Power FC" unit??? Doesnt this override the R33 motherboard, allowing the Speed limiter to be taken off and also allowing higher performance tuning.

Admitted, it is more expensive than NISTUNE but for all the 33 owners who want serios performance an play power this might be the way to go.

I dunno, this is what I have heard and have been kind of looking into for my R33

Blinky