SAU Community

Twin Dump Pipe?

lukits01

Can anyone tell me how much difference in performance a Twin Dump pipe can make compared to a 'Single' pipe unit?

The thing is my R33 is an Auto and all the custom exhaust shops keep recommending Twin dump pipes for Auto Turbo skylines

I know it provides better airflow for the internal wastegate but how much difference in boost are we talking about here?

thx

well my car is a manual, but the split dump pipe i installed was really good! with more boost in just increased the ease of the car to rev out, alot smoother power up top! cant say if more, but the curve is ALOT better!!!

auto or manual the dump pipe design will be the same.

with the split exhaust and wastegate pipe make sure the wastegate pipe rejoins the exhaust atleast 20cm down or it is useless.

I added a few bits and pieces to the car a few weeks ago. I added CES dual front/dump pipe, and a bleed valve to my existing cat back and panel filter.

The car was dynoed before installing the new bits and made 126rwkw at standard boost. After the pipe and bleeder was put on I got an extra ~10rwkw @ 6psi! Less boost yet more power! Cant argue with that.

SPlit is more efficient as it causes less turbulance in the exhaust near the housing as when the wastegate opens up it doesent effect the exhaust gas flow!

Do a search as this has been explained many times before

dont know if split dump pipe makes a diff but we changed the dump pipe from a standard one to a custom one which attachs to a 3inch front pipe and down the quater we gained .2 of a sec (from 14.39 to 14.10) though i think there is still more in it. This is using the single dump pipe

Originally posted by lukits01

Can anyone think a reason why AUTO cars would benefit more from the split dump pipe over a single?

auto and manual the same way the exhaust gases flow

Well the standard dump pipe isn't thermal coated or have the thermal wrap! so no doingthis should cause any further issues, but if you can do it, then bringing down under bonnet temps may give you more power!

my dump pipe is HPC coated and does a fair bit for bringing down the temps!!!