SAU Community

V35 Window Replacement

Hey guys

I just had my front drivers window smashed - prob a break-in attempt. Does anybody know if the window can be sourced locally, or had any experiences that you can share or if the 350's window (had to ask) is the same?

Unfortunately at this stage, it's looking tough. One of the national chains is telling me they need to order from JP .. 2 weeks. :O

I'm in Perth.

Cheers!

ouch that's gotta hurt...unfortunately the 350z window is totally different, and apart from getting luck by finding a smashed coupe or one being striped, im afraid japan is the only option. i feel for you sir, hope it all works out well.

go on import monster. check out the 2nd hand parts there and get one that way. it will probably be cheaper and faster than a company to find and organise one

just get them to fit it when it arrives. and dont let them give you the whole 'ohh its an import so installation will cost more' thats bullshit, its a car no matter where it came from.

go on import monster. check out the 2nd hand parts there and get one that way. it will probably be cheaper and faster than a company to find and organise one

just get them to fit it when it arrives. and dont let them give you the whole 'ohh its an import so installation will cost more' thats bullshit, its a car no matter where it came from.

Totally agree. My passage side windows was smashed 2 years ago. It cost me $850 to replace one from my local workshop. The good news is it only take them3 working day to get one from Nissan Jap.

Frank

Thanks for the support guys ... it's been such a downer today.

Got the windscreen place to order one from Japan ... yikes 3-4 weeks. Been doing the run around between drizzles this morning. And I've only got a carport, not garage. I'm not looking forward to this.

Frank ... 3 days fr Japan? How did they manage that?

Hey guys

I just had my front drivers window smashed - prob a break-in attempt. Does anybody know if the window can be sourced locally, or had any experiences that you can share or if the 350's window (had to ask) is the same?

Unfortunately at this stage, it's looking tough. One of the national chains is telling me they need to order from JP .. 2 weeks. :whistling:

I'm in Perth.

Cheers!

try this i think the have one v35 on stock: http://www.japanesemotorsport.com.au/jms2/

Thanks for the support guys ... it's been such a downer today.

Got the windscreen place to order one from Japan ... yikes 3-4 weeks. Been doing the run around between drizzles this morning. And I've only got a carport, not garage. I'm not looking forward to this.

Frank ... 3 days fr Japan? How did they manage that?

By freight?? I guess. I send my car to them on monday. get it back on Friday morning. I saw the package on the floor when I pick up the car. They do come from Nissan with all the sticker on it.

Edited by Frank350GT