SAU Community

A Bov Question

Hi guys, I have just bought my skyline r33 gtst s1 and have found out it has an aftermarket blow off valve on it. I had a look at it but being a noob at cars all I could find out about it is that it is an apexi unit.

I would like to know how/if I can tell if it is plumbed back or venting to the atmosphere, and if it is venting to atmosphere, can I get it plumbed back, or would it be easier to buy a stock bov? Dunno if this helps but it is quite loud at any gear changes above 2.5k rpm and yes the car does have an aftermarket air filter.

I'll also try upload a pic of it

post-60059-1246248746_thumb.jpg

That Apexi can't be made in Plumback.. see th elittle holes around the red ring? that is how it is all the way around.

The different holes on the ring when dragged over the bov openings, will make a slightly different pitched noise.

the hose you can just see on the right hand side is the stock RB bov return line.

you can also see that it has a clamp which is done up meaning it's holding some sort of plug in there.

so to the OP, buy a stock R32, 33, or 34 bov and bolt it in.

remove tha block in the hose on the right of the picture.

the stock bov will have it's outlet pointing towards that hose and you push it in to the hose and clamp it all in.

dont know what they are worth soz. got a bov question how much bost can the standard unit put up with cos i got a 35/40 garrett low mounted and got stock bov only running 14 psi boost and its now dumping to the atmosphere (shhh). :blink:

Ok thanks for replies,last question, how much would the stock bov unit cost me approx and what could I sell the apexi one for?

I've got a stock R33 GTSt BOV, PM me if you're still after one :P