SAU Community

Hey Guys,

My name is Will... just thought i'd introduce my self quickly.

I've just purchased an R33 GTS rolling shell for $1000 which will be converted to a GTST within a couple of months.

The following is required to get the car on the road,

* Rad support

* Bonnet

* Lights

* Front/rear bar

* Boot lid

* Lights

* Rear Garnish

* RB25 motor and gearbox

- Future Plans -

* 5 stud conversion

* Top secret style body kit

* JDM style rims FTW!!!

* Front mount cooler

* Small amount of engine work

Stay tuned for updates,

Ciao

post-64470-1246752378_thumb.jpg

post-64470-1246752390_thumb.jpg

post-64470-1246752403.jpg

nice, where abouts did u get it from. damaged car auction?

hey champ, sorry i cant reply to your pm as im a new member and havent made atleast ten posts.

The car was purchased from ebay.....

wow thats good, im looking to do the same with what you are doing to that one, jealous :P

hahah yeah well it will be a good project car.. ill certainly have fun doing it.

the motor and box alone is going to cost half of what a complete gts-t would cost. i'd say that for the cost of fixing it up and putting the turbo motor in you could buy a complete turbo 33 that already has bigger brakes, 5 stud, LSD, etc.

the motor and box alone is going to cost half of what a complete gts-t would cost. i'd say that for the cost of fixing it up and putting the turbo motor in you could buy a complete turbo 33 that already has bigger brakes, 5 stud, LSD, etc.

yeah, you're probably right actually...

Looks like you've got a little bit of work ahead of you; but it'll sure be worth it once you're done! Best of luck to ya!

Yeah it would be cheaper to buy a gtst but at the moment I've only got so much cash, luckly this showed up at the right price ($1000). Building the. The car is the best part for any car enthusiest and at the end of the day I've got a car that I know majority of the history as I've put the engine in a d done all the work. I would have liked to buy an r32 but they are a tad old for me, an r34 is out of my price range and an r33 is just the right choice.

Good luck with the project mate. Yeah it might end up costing a bit, and people will argue you could have just bought a complete one for a similar amount of coin.... but this way is sooo much more fun. Have fun and keep us posted!

Don't listen to the naysayers! I bought and repaired a crashed R33 GTS and sold it for a profit (albeit with trade discounts, a panelbeater who charged in beer, and a painter who WAS the panelbeater).

Go for it, too many people are discouraging of younger blokes (myself included) entering the car scene. I know for a fact if it wasn't for some people egging me on I probably would have given up the moment I got my first car.

Do with the car what you will. Sure some things are mathematically better (especially considering NA R33's are often pricier than R33 GTST's) but just do what you want.

This all said personally it would be a repair, sell, buy GTST jobbie for me :)

Don't listen to the naysayers! I bought and repaired a crashed R33 GTS and sold it for a profit (albeit with trade discounts, a panelbeater who charged in beer, and a painter who WAS the panelbeater).

Go for it, too many people are discouraging of younger blokes (myself included) entering the car scene. I know for a fact if it wasn't for some people egging me on I probably would have given up the moment I got my first car.

Do with the car what you will. Sure some things are mathematically better (especially considering NA R33's are often pricier than R33 GTST's) but just do what you want.

This all said personally it would be a repair, sell, buy GTST jobbie for me :(

R33_Dude, thanks for the great words of wisdom, makes me want to get it on the road even faster. i dont think ill end up selling it, once its got the 5 stud conversion, a decent diff and a turbo engine it will be just as good as a GTST.

lol

please keep us updated how this goes - looks like a great project!

Yesterday i went down to Melbourne to pick up some parts,

Picked up drivers side guard, rad support, bonnet & rear reo.

Stay tuned for next weeks goodies.... :(

post-64470-1247118958_thumb.jpg

post-64470-1247119005_thumb.jpg

post-64470-1247119042_thumb.jpg

post-64470-1247119089_thumb.jpg

post-64470-1247119122_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eclipz