SAU Community

Damn Hoons...

cell

Here are some stats pulled from the ABS website, deaths by Motor Vehicle Accident in 2007 account for 1% of the total Deaths in Australia. What would be more interesting would be to see the spending on Roads/Safety Campaigns compared to Hospital Funding and Disease Research.

+1

What would be interesting is if this levy we pay in our rego is in fact going back into making roads safer? We know it isn't.

Motorcyclists get hit with an extra levy for road safety, and do you know where they spend it? Cable barriers ... which are the most dangerous piece of street furniture to a motorcyclist :/ Idiots.

Lets not forget the wasted money by the government when they campaign to have front plates fitted to motorcycles. Its a clear ADR breaker. Its okay for them to impose a compulsory modification to a motorbike against ADRs when there is the chance of extra revenue. Motivated by revenue much? Each time they try, its thrown out ... at the tax payers expense.

If you wernt refering to deaths and injuries on the streets, what did you mean to imply when you said "the devastating consequences have gotten more horrific. ....... When it goes wrong, it goes wrong horrifically more so than previous years." ?

I assumed you weren't referring to scratches in the paintwork.

I thought that was simple enough. What has more impact? A dead body in a car after an accident? Or a car ripped in half with the body thrown all over the road and massive trauma injuries to the body?

Its still one death in each scenario, but the scene is more horrific in the latter. Get me now? These are the differences we are seeing.

Or to make it more simple still ... if you drop an apple to the ground, its ruined. If you throw it at the ground with more speed and impact, its still ruined ... only more so now because its all over the road. :domokun:

A close friend was killed only a few years ago on her bike when a pedestrian walked out in front of her. 2 deaths. But not such simple deaths ... After both being knocked to the ground, the 3 lanes of traffic following behind ran over them. Still a statistic ... but such a horrific one and unnecessary waste of life. Normally motorcyclists don't make much of a news story ... but this one was so horrific it got noticed. Thats what I'm getting at.

Edited by RubyRS4

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images