SAU Community

R33 Gtr

Hey all, I have a R33 GTR v-spec, personally imported it in 2008, and came with alot more goodies than I originally thought, including height adjustable nismo coilovers with the seperate oil resevoirs, they ride great but have little ride height adjustment and I want to lower the car a little more.

Wondering if anyone knows what type of nismo coilovers they are, and I am looking to buy new coilovers, Tein Super Steets or Tein Flex Coilovers, does anyone know 1st hand what they are both like? And will the be much stiffer than the nismo's?

The car is mainly for street, but will definetly see a few track days each year.

Thanks.

the superstreets arent very low at all, i run them. With my kit on its hellla low but its a f*n big kit. Get some HSD's if u want to slam it. they go so low the chassis will hit before the wheels will...

what are the hsd coilovers like compared to teins?

cheaper, read into that what you will.

Honestly if you have nismo coilovers with seperate oil resevoirs (ie. good ones) just get some more circlip groves added, they're already better than superstreet or flex.

Thanks lidz, not really sure how the nismo's compare to all the other coilovers out there, but I assumed they are really good if not better than alot of others, do you know of anywhere that machine new grooves on the coilovers? Thanks again

Any good suspension place that rebuilds coilovers should be able to do it for you, perhaps some of the nsw members could suggest somewhere? Or maybe pm Sydneykid for a recommendation?

ok we've hit a snag, yours dont use circlip groves...

No clue what model they are but they've clearly got a threaded body & it's looking like your spring seat is wound all the way down (unless theres some more thread under that black bandy thingy?) Modification is probably out of the question now, though double check with a quality suspension place. Might have to start looking at buying something new again.

Have you considered buying off yahoo auctions japan? lots of options for you both new & used, simply find something you like then contact an importer. I've used importmonster & Jesse Streeter, both excellent service.

For example: aragosta, HKS 4way, HKS hipermax 2, Ohlins, Top Secret, Apexi N1

All will sell for between $1000-$1500 (roughly, could go either way) & need shipping + fees on top of that, say $750ish. Much cheaper bargins can be found if you have a good look. I've got the hipermax 2's in my z32 & find them fantastic, all the others are highly reknowned & are high spec coilovers.

cheers, Tim

No worries, thanks alot lidz... I took some picturs of them in the car to see if any1 knows exactly what nismo's they are...