SAU Community

Km Meter Stopped Working! Help!

sxc_skylinee

Hi guys, i've had my car nearly 3yr now. and recently as i was just driving i notice my "km meter" on the dash stopped clicking! :P i tried to reset it obiously nothing happened.

So then i took everything apart took the dash out n the spedo cluster n such, figure out why it stopped i thought there would b a loose gear or something but it seems to b fine. i put everything back together, start driving n it worked again! but after 3-4km it stopped again!

i dont understand why. faulty taco? or something with a sensor on the gearbox which isnt reading it well or what could it be?

Much appreciated guys if you can help me :D

cheers =)

If the speedo is still working id say you need to replace your gauge cluster. The trip counter runs of the speedo and the speedo runs off a electrial sender so id the speedo works the trip counter is stuffed.

I see, so that means i have to change the one piece of the speed cluster only, where the km guage is on? as u can pull apart each section of the cluster.

So its nothing with the sensor on the gearbox?

I've got a problem with my speedo needle not moving... ...and so the Km's don't roll up... ...Playing havoc with my fuel and mileage calculations... ...But means that I can claim my car hasn't done as many Km's when it comes to selling it... :laugh:

I've got a problem with my speedo needle not moving... ...and so the Km's don't roll up... ...Playing havoc with my fuel and mileage calculations... ...But means that I can claim my car hasn't done as many Km's when it comes to selling it... :)

lol tru on the "claim low km's when selling" how did ur needle not work :geek: thats annoying, u dont know what speed ur going?

mines a 93' r33 with 92... close to 93 thousannddd km on it n it stopped! im not sure if the previous owner did a dodgey n left me with a very low km r33 which i bought 3yrs ago lol. Dont use the car much anyway but yea its stopped need fix asap! as it annoys me lol :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
I've got a problem with my speedo needle not moving... ...and so the Km's don't roll up... ...Playing havoc with my fuel and mileage calculations... ...But means that I can claim my car hasn't done as many Km's when it comes to selling it... :banana:

Mine does this every now and then as well, do you find that your steering get hard when it's not working?

I had that speedo needle issue on my car about a year ago. turns out is was just a wire connection behind the dash. i did not personally fix it but im sure it cant be too hard.

lol tru on the "claim low km's when selling" how did ur needle not work :( thats annoying, u dont know what speed ur going?

mines a 93' r33 with 92... close to 93 thousannddd km on it n it stopped! im not sure if the previous owner did a dodgey n left me with a very low km r33 .

You can buy my cluster if it makes you feel better . Its only got 288,000 on the clock.. ;)

My 95 R33 done the same thing till 104,000km, I tapped the tacho and it would start moving again. Seems to get stuck moving 9X,999, the bottom one will stop at 235X.

Mine has contunied to work ever since now up to 114,000km.

I've got a problem with my speedo needle not moving... ...and so the Km's don't roll up... ...Playing havoc with my fuel and mileage calculations... ...But means that I can claim my car hasn't done as many Km's when it comes to selling it... :P

on the back of the silvia taco/cluster theres a small plug that you can pull out to stop the Ks from ticking over and stops trip meter

some might think thats awesome

it is till you try and figure out how many Ks your car has done and is it due for a service