SAU Community

Solvent For Gasket Glue

after 2 hours of cleaning my tool box i found a nice little surprise.... a half empty bottle of gasket glue which had spilt through my nuts and bolts tray, is there a solvent i can use to make cleaning the tray a lot easier...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Neostead, I'm looking to have a custom surround done that also has a slot for a fog light. Would you be willing to create a 3d model I can buy or create and ship me the part or even provide/sell the current model for me to modify? Cheers
    • Did some maintenance on the MX5, did the engine oil and filter which was uneventful, then I drained the coolant to put in the new reservoir and a thermostat, reservoir took 5 minutes  The thermostat, well that took.........3 bloody hours, what a job, the issue was the 3 bolts holding it on, one was easy, 2 were hidden and required a few 1/4 drive extensions, 1 more than I had, and a 1/4 swivel, which I also didn't have, and a good amount of playing contortionist  Getting the 2 unseen bolts back on was a time consuming nervous nightmare, as I couldn't see where they went there was alot of stabbing and hoping for the best, trying to line up a 8 mm bolt straight, which you cannot actually see or get a hand in there, with a 1/4 swivel in the mix was a nightmare Anyways, it's done now, all burped out, and run up to temp a few times, happily no leaks thank Jebus After the thermostat fiasco I decided I need a few mental health days away from tools before doing the rest of the servicing on it As for the Dunnydoore, it had the aircon regassed and it has a clean bill of health, thinking about taking it out on Monday for a cruise down the coast to look at some houses if weather permits 
    • In other important race car news, instead of fixing the race car I changed the crank seals on the chainsaw, because wood burner Some damn tight (and lock tighted) m6 head bolts Who knew plastic crank cases were a thing! Quick tip, don't trust the youtube videos that say you can pull the old seals out with the head on in a husky 440e...not true, their crank seal tucks in behind the cover both sides. I'm not sure I'm a psychopath, but these things are damn loud....hope I can put all the bits back in the right place    Happily, it is now back to turning fallen trees into a combination of firewood logs and wood chips....just need a clear day to get into it properly
    • I've got 60L of e85 in there at the moment
    • Don't forget to make sure the tank is full to the brim before you try to replace the fuel pump too, that is an essential step.