SAU Community

32 or 33

Well correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the r32 gts only comes with either the 116kw rb20de or a rb25e which i think has like 92kw??

And the r33 gts25 comes with 147kw

the rb20 is very bad in the bottom end i find, (well mine is)

is the rb25 in the r33 much better??

Originally posted by Ryan D

R33 GTS4

2.5l, non turbo, all wheel drive, and sexy as hell.

cant go wrong

Yeah thats what i had heard the 2.5 in a 32 is lethal where as in the 33 its powerful but is held back by weight ratios.

But i dunno im just a kid, lol, keep the opionions coming

The fastest N/A's down the strip I know of are actually the R32 GTS25's, they come out factory with 142kw at the flywheel. With a bit of work they can run low 15's.

Even though the type S R33 tend to make a little bit more power(147), the extra weight of the R33 works against them.

But give me a R33 any day :P

u wont have to pay tax on them so they will be cheaper to import if u know someone that can complience them cheap in japan, but it will also get harder to find good ones in japan.

umm people are already buying them and putting them in storage in japan. when the car is 15 years old to the day u can bring it in, but make sure u research its not that simple, u need to apply for permission to import that vehicle and a whole range of other things.

Let a company like prestige motorsport worry bout all that for you if you choose to import, i got the R32 gts25, its a nice car, my auto box holds it back but thats to change in the future. Got the 2.5ltr goodness and the lighter shell, more room in a r33, bigger backseat etc, more spacious, but the r32 just looks mean and ready to go.

The R33 GTS25 is quicker than the R32 GTS.

Last year at the drags a guy with a R32 2LGTS manual was running high 16,s for the 1/4 mile, that was with air filter,extractors and 2 1/4" exhaust. A R33 GTS25 will run high 16's stock.