SAU Community

32 or 33

A R33 25 should beat the R32 GTS off the mark thats assuming both are stock.

There is a bit of difference in performance, manual tends to be a bit quicker, although the auto tends to have more top end speed.

I have raced my R33 GTS25 both auto and manual, I managed a 16.4 pass over the 1/4 when auto, and after the conversion I ran a 16.0 ET. I have found the manual to be quicker off the mark, and trough the rev range, but have to watch for alot more wheel spin.

Also the manual tends to have a few more kw at the rear wheels, than it's auto counterpart. We gained 16rwkw when we did the conversion.

I prefer the R33 because it looks cooler, to me anyway. I find the 32's quite old now and even earlier S1 33's too. I have a S2 96 model GTS-t and I chose it because I loved the 33's rear end, and the front end was much more aggresive than the more rounded Series 1 front end. I never liked the look of the 34's when I first saw them, but now they have grown on me. But, my favourite is the R33 S2. I am not talking anything about performance etc, modded, just 100% stock factory models.

R32 Gts-t

R33 Gts-t

R34 Gtt

Thanks. Anyone else prefer Series 2 over Series 1.

OK, auto goes ok, but i will look at a conversion in the future.

Overdrive is a option on the stick there is a button which gives you the top gear, with out it for example on a high way your 100km cruising speed will be at about 1000more rpm 3000 rather than 2000.

Two modes, snow and power. Snow limits your changes to a max of 4000rpm and most often less, and you start of in second gear (ie very slugish when tackling round aobuts)

Power mode allows the car to rev out to red line, and if you have it in normal and realy put the foot down quick it automaticly pops into power mode for you.

I picked my car up for $9400, in perfect condition, with 12months redgo. It was absolutely stock, factory radio etc etc, bar some 17" wheels. It had 69800kms when i got it, it was a total bargain, and beleive the fella who sold it to me realy underpriced the car, its only downside was the auto box. But it had the 2.5ltr engine so i thought that was a good compromise.

Hope that helps.

Ps i manual change the auto box quite alot and it seems to of been built for this coz it allows you to do it freely, with a simple push/pull it jumps into place with no worries, i use it for slowing down mostly then when stopped put it back into drive, coz the box changes for optimum performance on its own.