SAU Community

Greddy E-manage

Hanaldo

Hey guys/girls,

Does anyone know where i can purchase an aftermarket ECU system for an R34 RB25DE, either GReddy E-Manage or something similar?

My car is a non-turbo now, but i am going down the conversion path soon, so i wanted something that i could use now to get the most out of my NA, and then when i get the turbo it can be retuned.

Thing is wherever i look, people only seem to be selling them for 33's or GTR's. So would they be the same for 33's and 34's? I thought they had different looms, etc...

Also, what wiring harnesses would i need to get? Damn things get real confusing when youre trying to find out what you need.

And would it be worth getting the E-Manage Ultimate considering what im planning, or will Blue be suitable for my plans? Or if anyone has any other suggestions of ECU's...

Thanks for any help,

Martin

get an Apexi SAFC... great piggy back that can be used for turbo or NA and when you go turbo just retune it...

thing is, you can easily get rid of it if you want to get a more specific ECU ie. Power FC or Vipec but in the mean time if you don't have $1600 for an ECU the SAFC is great and any workshop can easily play with it

hope that helps mate

get an Apexi SAFC... great piggy back that can be used for turbo or NA and when you go turbo just retune it...

thing is, you can easily get rid of it if you want to get a more specific ECU ie. Power FC or Vipec but in the mean time if you don't have $1600 for an ECU the SAFC is great and any workshop can easily play with it

hope that helps mate

Yeh i had thought of the SAFC II, but i thought they were really only useful for changing afr?

Would SAFC be just as good as SAFC II? And where can i get one for an R34 RB25DE, as i said before, ive only found things for 33's and GTR's.

Maybe i will look into them some more, thanks for that man

Ok, i did a search and the SAFC has been discontinued, can only get the AFC Neo now, i assume that is what you have Levi? So it will fit just about any car? It only costs around $450, so i think i might get that if that is the case.

The AFC Neo would still be suitable for my current NA and later down the track the turbo?

Thanks for your help guys

Just another thought i had, what happens to an ECU like the AFC Neo if the battery goes flat or is disconnected? Will it lose all of its settings and reset itself to factory settings?

SAFC's are a standard item and can be used across a large number of cars. I Have a SAFCII Neo in my R33 Turbo, was very cheap and only costs around ~$150 to tune.

It will only allow you to adjust AFR's, but in these low-power applications, it's more than good enough.

Dont go for the greddy e manage ultimate i have it in my car, hyperdrive found it to b a pain in the ass to tune, and ive heard these days noone wants to no about them, plus i was told when wanting more power that the ecu wouldnt handle it. also was told that nissans dont like them more sutiable for hondas etc. would def consider vipec if u got the cash

They definitely do Nistune for skylines.

It's R33 GTSt's that they can't really do (they can but they need to use an R32 ecu).

If they can do my Neo engined auto stagea then I don't see why they can't do non-turbo Neo'd 34.

Ring Hyperdrive, CRed or Allstar.

This thread is full o whacked out info.

Good thing bubba is here to clear it up.

Whenever considering what to use in terms of tuning, the best idea is ALWAYS to find a tuner, and then ask them.

They are generally nice guys and give advice.

Lol yeh i suppose you get that, but thats ok, im not gonna go out and buy the first thing that someone mentions.

Ill look into nistune a bit more, thanks for that Bubba :)

I wouldnt be looking into ECUS, like i said before, look into tuners, find one you like ask him what to get.

ECU is only as good as the tune. If your tuner prefers one over the other it will probably provide you a better result.

what is ur plan on ur car?

if you have big plan DITCH EMANAGE or any PIGGY BACK like SAFC is not worth it.

get a propper ecu, it cheap now days for Power FC 2nd hand.

emanage and safc is good only for small tuning, fixing AFR and up the boost by a LITTLE bit.

once you start getting bigger turbo, up to higher boost, changed injectors and soo oon, they cant do it any more, and it will shat it self and ruining your engine

i've blown 2 ENGINE on emanage and NEVER GO BACK any more ... Stand alone is the way!

ALLSTAR, RPW, HYPERDRIVE this the work shop that i went and talk about e-manage and THEY did not RECOMENDED to install on any car that Medium to Heavily modified. They will tune it for you but you will waste your money on the tuning as its TIME consuming and hard to TUNE E-manage to get it right, smooth graph and spot on + you wont get the results you want

for Stocker that wants 15-20 whp more yeah it will do it.

Edited by runsirebo

Plan for the car is to turbo-charge it either next year or the year after. I will only run small amounts of boost, ~7PSI until i get the R34 GTR. Then my current car will become my project and the GTR will be my daily. I plan to forge the internals, rebuild everything, and thats when i will upgrade to a larger turbo

get stand alone ecu.

doit right at the fist place =)

but ifm u wanna make the most of ur n/a rb25 get neo or safc then tune it.

if u going to turbo, just wait until you got the stuff then get a propper ecu. dont use piggy back for ur turboed n/a

Nistune is the better option for your R34.

Dont use an R32 ECU on R33s as posted above, R32s dont have VVT Shops like Garage101 in Vic park use Z32 ECUs fitted with Nistune and swap a few wires keeping the R33 working as they should. Z32s do have VVT like R33s.