SAU Community

P Platers Insurance

57ept

ive recently bought a skyline and only on P plats and the only people that will insure me i just car!!!

anyone eles with the same problem?? or any suggestions

does anyone no any other company that will insure me??

ive recently bought a skyline and only on P plats and the only people that will insure me i just car!!!

anyone eles with the same problem?? or any suggestions

does anyone no any other company that will insure me??

hey man, ive got a skyline and am on my P plates. i went with justcars, cost me $500 for 3rd party fire and theft. thats about as cheap as your going to get if you want to insure it. fully comp is $3000 lol, naturally i went the cheaper option.

^

What he said.

JC is about your only choice at this stage.

Expect to pay about those amount for insurance for skyline when you on your Ps.

EDIT: I'm paying ~$2k for full comp (b4 was ~$300 for basic 3rd Party).

Edited by Mayuri Krab

i paid around $1800 when i 1st got my skyline ( i was on my p's) and that was for an na auto. until your 20 just car is your only option. i've also foudn there pretty good, kept me updated all the time like when my car was getting assessed, when my car left assessment centre to go to mechanic etc. its worth it

Aren't JustCar always cheaper anyway?

Every quote I've received has always been the same 2.2k (*before I turned 20), wheather it be my stock Maxima, or a 300hp Infiniti Q45, and my Ceffy....all the same figures.

Driver, not car.

Adjust your excess and behave, that'll help your bill a little bit, but yeah, its steep until your 21? or 25? ++

There is many ways to make yout insurance cheaper.

1. list yourself as the only driver (this means no one else will be covered - no one drives mine :) )

2. increase your excess lots to lower the premiums (this means it will hit you if your at fault in an accident - so be good )

3. take all options off the insurance ( no glass break repair, no free car hire etc - this can take off a lot on the premium )

4. do not list any added options to the car ( stereo, wheels etc)

Also if you have health insurance try that company that is how my mate got insurance with HBF.

25 is the magic number for age.

If you have minimal mods (read: next to none) and you're over 25 then other places will look at you. Got a quote from SGIO to insure the stag (as that's who my home/contents is with), they said they might possibly be able to do the skyline but would need to do some sweet talking to get it insured for what I want.

Yeah third party is the cheapest but still kind of risky!!!

Im 20 paying $1500 at Just car, Neuroglider my bf is 22 paying $1800 - $300 more simply cos he's male :P

How'd you afford the line???

I'd suggest the best insurance you can afford to be honest. But yeah its prob just car for you, for now.

Im a p plater and sorta had the same problem. When I looked around for quotes, 3rd party prices were pretty much all the same at 500ish (with fire+theft) no matter which company. If your looking at full comp though just cars is probably the cheapest, the other companies dont really want you so they give you outrageous quotes i think, example: heres my quote for full comp with SGIO: $5474 dollars per year, with a $1800 excess and an agreed value of only 6k which was the highest agreed value I could get, (this was on a r33 gtst that I had just paid 8.7k for 2 days before btw) even if I total my car I would get back less than what my insurance cost wouldve been lol. I ended up going with fire+theft, it encourages me to drive safer lol

Edited by Crackfox

Was a bitch getting insurance for my GTR. After my VZ SV6 was written off by a transperth bus they asked me if I wanted to insure my next car with them. Said yep sure (WQBE this is) and told them it was a skyline. They said yep no worries, we insure those, what type is it? Me: "It's a GTR" Them: "a what?" Me: "a GTR Skyline" Them: "Is that a 2.5l GTS?" Me: "No, it's a 2.6l twin turbo" Them: "Oh... we don't insure those..." Awesome! Thank's for asking then!

Went to Shannons and they were more than happy to take me on board, so went through the whole spiel about car clubs, whats your interest in cars, owned any performance cars before yadda yadda, all good. Where will you be keeping this? Ummm at my house perhaps? Oh, ok, do you have a garage? Yes, an undercover carport. No rollerdoor? Nope. Goodbye! Wtf?

The only people who will insure a GTR without a lockup garage is JustCar. Bloody hell, was ridiculous. Just car costs me $1400 a year w/ $1500 excess. Pretty steep even considering I am 28 heh. but worth it (Full comprehensive too). JustCar are also the ONLY insurer I know of that do not care what mods you have had done to your car and I tested this theory a few times by adding every mod I could think of and then re-submitting my request and always came back the same.

PS: One other thing for the younger guys to remember aswel, is that the more speeding fines you accumulate over the years and so forth, the more the insurers are going to look unfavourably upon you. If you are still living at home, always a good option is to get the car insured under your folks name, with you listed as the primary driver. You don't want to do this if you are living out of home though.

Edited by stormtrooper

I thought 25 was the magic age, seing as Shannon's dont insure under 25s, but ^^^ wtf? no roller door so they rejected?

Wankers. GTRs sound like more running problems than theyre worth sometimes.

I like how on the JustCar website quote form, you tick boxes for what mods are on the car, and theyre all typical import mods (exhaust, wheels, aftermarket turbo, resprayed, body panels, etc), and like you said above, you can tick them all and they don't give a shit.

I asked for a quote on the Ceffy, they didnt know what they were, weird, so I sent them back some info, like factory engine options n shit, asking for a quote for both factory engine and a possible 25 swap I was considering, and for different paint jobs, aftermarket body panels, etc, the guy said none of those changed the quote, it'd be the same to insure the vehicle in any case.

I heard that sometimes having your parents being the primary insurance holder for a car sometimes makes problems when making a claim, because it can clash with the rego CTP insurance or something? anyone confirm?

Mainly it's to do with who is driving the car as the primary driver. Like if someone was living away from home yet the car was under their folks name and the kid has a crash, they are likely to have their claim rejected because the car is not in a position to be classified as under the ownership of the folks (car has to be in their name too for it to work properly).

But yeah, just because I don't have a rollerdoor/lockup garage they didn't want to know about it.

yeh mate ur pretty much f**ked unless u do a dodgey

i pay 1600 a year, and my excess is just over 4000, and its valued at just over 14,000 afaik

OR u can do the dodgey like some guys in my tafe class, they insure the car under there mums name & pay only a few hundred each year aswell as cheap excess but u risk not getting payed out if a crash does happen

i just love insurance threads.. everyone has pretty much covered everything.. high risk / theft desirable vehicles will be harder to insure and you will pay higher for it... some insurers flat out dont insure imports..

good luck!

thanks for all the help fellaz and ladies =]

due to my car haveing a bee R r324 conversion kit on it its making it alot more difficult for me, even just car didnt have a clue.

for those not sure its a r34 front end on a r32. 9 piece body kit

ive managed to find full cover in the parents name and me as the main driver for 900 a year 'full comp' and excess is 1900 and i can choose my repairer... im a panel beater soo of course ill be fixing it

if anyone has the same problem just pm me for more details

Did you try to confuse them?

R34 kit should just be listed as an aftermarket body kit, not this R324 shit ?

Good to see you took the latest advice and DID get it insured under your parents' name, hahaha.

Dont crash it!!!

Just Car will insure you, but be prepared to pay for it. 2K is way to much for a 10-13K car. Just get 3rd party fire/theft and don't crash it for $400.

2K a year is an extra turbo kit or body kit or rims etc. So just be careful and sensible.

Shannons will insure you if ur sneaky

Famous car insurance will if you are lucky.

Just car is ok.