SAU Community

R32 Gts-t Side Mount Vs R34 Gt-t Side Mount

Hey guys

Have an rb20det and im about to install a high flowed r33 turbo and have supporting mods to make 200rwkw, just wondering what sort of power the stock 32 gts-t cooler can handle or whether it would be a good idea to upgrade to a 34 gt-t side mount untill i save up for a decent front mount, on a budget at the moment.

If anyone is running the r34 cooler on their 32 or can help me out with info that would be great, like how much bigger the gt-t side mount is compared to the gts-t side mount.

Cheers

Hey guys

Have an rb20det and im about to install a high flowed r33 turbo and have supporting mods to make 200rwkw, just wondering what sort of power the stock 32 gts-t cooler can handle or whether it would be a good idea to upgrade to a 34 gt-t side mount untill i save up for a decent front mount, on a budget at the moment.

If anyone is running the r34 cooler on their 32 or can help me out with info that would be great, like how much bigger the gt-t side mount is compared to the gts-t side mount.

Cheers

the differences are its bigger,newer and much better airflow and it can handle more power the the 32, its good for 200-210 KATW my suggestion to u would be to go with the 34 SMIC. until u can get a FMIC

hope this helps.

yeh but once you go for a quick squirt around the block youre going to have massive heat soak - ie back to square one.

only reason to put on a 34smic is if your gettin it for free.. or close - otherwise stick to ur factory smic.. run low boost, dont thrash it around too much, save up and get a fmic.

I had a r34 sidemount on my r32 gtst and it worked great, although I only had approx 165rwkW I didnt want to go to the hassle of cutting the front bar etc and risking getting canaried.

But they are not a direct fit (like they are in an r33 gtst). You will need to get the outlet moved to face the other way. I think it cost me about $180 for the modification and for it to be fitted. RECustoms down here in Melbourne did it, and I know they have done a few others.

I guess if you were looking to take it to the track etc you're better off going full FMIC. I didnt notice any heat soak with (relatively) normal street driving. Maybe a water spray kit would help.