SAU Community

Thinking About An Apprenticeship

Nic_A31

I'm looking for work, the job I've got is taking me nowhere but backwards. I want to start an apprenticeship, something in the auto industry.

Eletrical, Trim, Paint or Panel, in that order, not really keen on mechanical. I check ApprentiCentre and Seek atleast once a day, which is sad.

Does anybody know of any apprenticeships for those trades, willing to take on a 20 year old, with a 2-4 week start ?

The closer to Midland, the better.

I know, until I hit 21 and adult wages it'll hurt, but thats a sacrifice I'm willing to make. $300 per week for 1 year isnt too bad, its not like I have anything to piss that money up on apart from my cars anyway.

If so, PM would be much appreciated.

or, email is [email protected], mobile is 0431 598 320.

Cheers

Nic

hey man, just some insight, if you have the smarts try going for an electrical apprenticeship, if you enjoy it there are hundreds of fields you can take and it generally pays better in the long run, im a first year on 500 a week so it should hurt you too much :huh: and i know alot of apprentices that are above you age so just show interest and you'll nail one :P

• 2 weeks later...

just found this...

To be entitled to an adult rate of pay an apprentice must be of the specified adult age at commencement of the apprenticeship. An apprentice who becomes an adult during the course of their apprenticeship shall not become entitled to applicable adult rates of pay

just found this...

To be entitled to an adult rate of pay an apprentice must be of the specified adult age at commencement of the apprenticeship. An apprentice who becomes an adult during the course of their apprenticeship shall not become entitled to applicable adult rates of pay

Not all companies will follow that. A guy at my work was on $9 as a first yr then we all got a raise and he also turned 21 at the same time ended up on 9 one week and 25 the next.

Apprentices get paid pretty well I think. a 4th year at a good company will be on only slightly less than a tradesman.

tbh i've been thinking the same thing...

im 22 now and pondering going into automotive (in same way or form...)

basically got cert 3 and 4 in IT and half my diploma (bit bored of IT..) working in the mines but soon to be let go due to end of contract..and i want something to do with cars seeming as i <3 my car to death and want more to do with it lol if the starting wage for an adult is like 35k or something (or MORE?!) id be up for it haha.. besides...can you get worse than working 2 weeks on 1 week off 6am > 6pm in summer in the outback? lol

interesting though i didnt realise you could go to an adults wage and stuff...hrmmmm

basically got cert 3 and 4 in IT and half my diploma (bit bored of IT..) working in the mines but soon to be let go due to end of contract..and i want something to do with cars seeming as i <3 my car to death and want more to do with it lol if the starting wage for an adult is like 35k or something (or MORE?!) id be up for it haha.. besides...can you get worse than working 2 weeks on 1 week off 6am > 6pm in summer in the outback? lol

5 till 8, in summer, with no air con... I would've died to have worked on the mines, but no, had to be a farmer's son lol...

A janitor aside, farming by far one of the most shocking jobs going around... Hence why I moved to Perth! :P

tbh i've been thinking the same thing...

im 22 now and pondering going into automotive (in same way or form...)

interesting though i didnt realise you could go to an adults wage and stuff...hrmmmm

If You do look for an apprenticeship. Try the bigger and well known companies as they usually offer good wages and better working conditions.

I'm a 2nd year electrical apprentice, I really don't do much a lot of the time and I have very little responsibility :P

i looked into this a while ago, wageline say adult wage is min $460 before tax a week last time i called, but they said depends on the employer and obviously overtime and stuff. also think there may be some gov incentives to, but didnt look into that to far.

i know range ford are looking for apprentices atm, and they tend to favor mature age a bit from what ive heard.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I honestly wouldn’t bother with this. They don’t hold up under any serious strain. Get the Blackline (Chinese fake Quaife) if anything, as it’s reported to perform pretty well. 
    • For future reference, I believe all that Amayama does is act as a middleman between you and Nissan. Go to your local dealership, ask nicely for a parts account (I get 15% off with mine) and you'll get better pricing. Cheers, 
    • Hi guys, I have a 2005 V35 skyline with the vq35de.  It is a drift car and has been stripped, its now running a standalone ECU and a body harness. Dash everything has been changed to a digital dash controlled by ecu.  The vq35de has been great, very reliable but wanting more HP atm the 35de is making 228rwhp. I'd like to be making about 350rwhp. From my research it looks like a vq25det lightly modified could be a good engine to swap in. I understand the CD trans will bolt up right to the vq25det with a 35de sump used.  My only issue is a wiring harness/ecu to control the vq25det, from what i've found the ecu is a lot different to the vq35de so my plugin for the 35de will not work. Is there any potential to use the vq35de wiring harness and modify as necessary to retain the plugin ecu?  Keen to hear what you guys think, or am I best off to chuck on a cheap turbo kit on the 35de and see how long it lasts.   
    • Oh sorry Justin! I was racking my brain trying to remember names, not sure why I associated “Adam” with 7tune! I’m good, been away from Skylines for over a decade, got family and kids now. Just getting back into owning a 32 but it’s a whole different world now… tax is higher and tech is better.
    • Who's Adam? Hehe 😁All good mate, it's Justin. Been good! And you? The HCR32 is looking sweet by the way! Love the very neat Nav install.  I would love to get one but I'm at a crossroads right now and can't commit to another car.