SAU Community

VIC Skidpan Training Day December 2003

rs73

Hi guys,,

finally the forum is back online again. I noticed lots of thread is missing, so I have to create this new one.

Based on previous votes quite a few voted for 2nd week of December to have a skidpan training before Christmas. Last skidpan in November was pretty good, we may have 20th December for free will confirm.

For the meantime Saturday 20-Dec-2003:

1. Rianto (myself)

2. Sam (Hypnotik) - deposit received

3. Simon (SKYL9) - deposit received

4. Kelvin Ho - deposit received

5. Chris (Scotsman) - deposit received

6. Darren - deposit received

Who's in? For those who didn't know yet, cost is $120pp, in which $50 deposit is required at front.

Cheers,

Rianto

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about the following Saturday, the 20th December?

I was told 13 & 14 Dec was both taken already.

Hypnotik, you don't need burnout tyres. Tyre wear are down to minimal with oil & water on the skidpan. I use my everyday tyres and has been there 2-3 times no visible tyre wear.

Guest RedLineGTR

how soon do u need the deposit. My car is out of my hands at the moment and it might not be ready for the day the latest i will know about my car is about 1-2weeks.Cheers Rob

Hypnotik, I'll put your name in. Yeah I see if u got no tread left, you'll need at least a pair of rear ones. But isn't no tread on the rear means slide better = more fun?

Rob, If I book the 20th Dec deposit is usually required by end of next week (approximately 2 weeks before the date). Are you in? Hope your car be ready in 3 weeks time ;)

Ok, I guess I will come.   Any spots available on the 20th?

Last time I went to the skidpan they literally had no tread on them at the end of the day, although they had very little at the start of the day.

i have a spare set of 32 rims... u got 4 or 5 studs on ur sil? cause if u have 5 then u can borrow my rims... just get the tyres taken off and get some second hand crappers stuck on.

Hmm.. I think S13 Silvia is 4 stud. Only from S14 onwards it has 5 stud, S14 even has the same factory rim as R33. But correct me if I'm wrong.

Hypnotik, do u need tyres as well? Talk to R32Skyline (Cam) as he told me he got very cheap 2nd hand tyres...

i have a spare set of 32 rims... u got 4 or 5 studs on ur sil? cause if u have 5 then u can borrow my rims... just get the tyres taken off and get some second hand crappers stuck on.

My Silvia has 4 stud wheels.

My tyres on the back are fairly new, so I might just get some old tyres and swap them over for a few days.

Thanks for the offers guys, but I live in Geelong so it will probably make it a bit difficult. :cheers:

actually res because of the whole xmas thing... u wanna make it after xmas or was that no good?

inark,

I know its goin to be xmas and ppl could be away for holiday, need the $ to buy presents for loved ones, etc, etc. But 20th is the last chance before xmas for ppl who can still make it. if not then we might have to wait till end of jan or sometime in feb. I was told the skidpan will usually be very much occupied in January.

rianto

inark,  

I know its goin to be xmas and ppl could be away for holiday, need the $ to buy presents for loved ones, etc, etc. But 20th is the last chance before xmas for ppl who can still make it. if not then we might have to wait till end of jan or sometime in feb. I was told the skidpan will usually be very much occupied in January.

rianto

oh ok... hmmmm im not sure if i'll have the cash... will let u know next week.