SAU Community

My Ceffy

chocky

Hey guys this is my toy, only mild mods at moment. hoping to get a bit more done too it in the next year or so, want hopefully close to 300 rwkw

out of my 20!! if no success ill do a different engine conversion. eg ls1 or 2jz :)

Engine

RB20DET conversion

JJR FMIC,

3inch Apexi Cat back

NGK plugs

Dr. Drift custom tune

Gates sport timing belt and tensioner

Driveline

5 Speed manual conversion

Extreme extra heavy duty solid button clutch

R33 GTST Shimmed LSD

Wheels/Brakes

S15 Front Suspension Conversion

Lovells Sport Springs

KYB Struts

Hicas Lockout Bar

5 stud Conversion

R32 GTR Front brakes

R33 Rear brakes

Volk GTP Rims (17x9.5 +33, 17 x 8)

Rays gold wheel nuts and valve caps

Bendix Brake pads

Other mods

Bosch 044 fuel system

52 mm aluminium radiator

Thermo fans

Cold air intake

Recaro Drivers seat

Momo gear knob

Speco Boost gauge

Double din dvd player/ screen

Alpine Type R front splits

Alpine Type R rear Splits

Clarion 4 way Amplifier

Battery in boot

post-63968-1251204217_thumb.jpg

post-63968-1251204313_thumb.jpg

post-63968-1251204444_thumb.jpg

post-63968-1251204741_thumb.jpg

post-63968-1251204831_thumb.jpg

post-63968-1251205085_thumb.jpg

post-63968-1251205182_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Yeah 32 centre console, need to get hold of a ceffy one. I reckon if Benny seen it now he would cry, bit knocked around from sitting in the shed for a year or so. It's back on the road again now running the same 20, very very boring now. Any ideas of cheap mods to get it going a bit quicker? Currently not working so on a budget for now :/

Was thinking 34 highflowed turbo on 17psi?? Thoughts?

Was thinking 34 highflowed turbo on 17psi?? Thoughts?

send your std turbo in to hypergear ... or buy a china td06 (which is what i'm about to do) , or buy my gt2530 off me so i can buy said td06 :whistling: . the trick to making rb20s' (imo) is keeping things like cooler and pipework as short and small as possible (i.e smallish cooler , pipework as short as possible , i've been looking into smaller radiators and running upside down coolers/one sided coolers to shorten piping up , the only issue i'm getting is keeping the std inlet mani (seems to work best for rb20)

can you even get defected in tassie?

high mount and screamer pipe :nyaanyaa:

Well you can , if you drive silly enough pinch.gif , apparently popo is coming down on 'illegal' mods and we're gunna be line ball with other states , then i'll move to perth :P

Edited by toffy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Embrace the freedom of casual encounters on the best dating app in town! Verified Maidens Superlative Сasual Dating
    • Slimline sub on the rear parcel shelf is doable. Pioneer TS-WX140DA is only 70mm high.   
    • People like Johnny Dose Bro might be laughing at my post because I accidentally added 100mm to my numbers. 350-355 is indeed the lower limit. 450 is off-road Skyline spec.
    • What is the "compromise" that you think will happen? Are you thinking that something will get damaged? The only things you have to be concerned about with spherical jointed suspension arms are; Arguments with the constabulary wrt their legality (they are likely to be illegal for road use without an engineering certificatation, and that may not be possible to obtain). A lot more NVH transmitted through to the passengers (which is hardly a concern for those with a preference for good handling, anyway). Greatly increased inspection and maintenance requirements (see above points, both).   It is extremely necessary to ask what car you are talking about. Your discussion on strut tops, for example, would be completely wrong for an R chassis, but be correct for an S chassis. R32s have specific problems that R33/4 do not have. Etc. I have hardened rubber bushes on upper rear control arms and traction rods. Adjustable length so as to be able to set both camber and bump steer. You cannot contemplate doing just the control arms and not the traction arms. And whatever bushing you have in one you should have in the other so that they have similar characteristics. Otherwise you can get increased oddness of behaviour as one bushing flexes and the other doesn't, changing the alignment between them. I have stock lower rear arms with urethane bushes. I may make changes here, these are are driven by the R32's geometry problems, so I won't discuss them here unless it proves necessary. I have spherical joints in the front caster rods. I have experienced absolutely no negatives and only positives from doing so. They are massively better than any other option. I have sphericals in the FUCAs, but this is driven largely by the (again) R32 specific problems with the motion of those arms. I just have to deal with the increased maintenance required. Given how much better the front end behaves with the sphericals in there.....I'd probably be tempted to go away from my preference (which is not to have sphericals on a road car, for 2 of the 3 reasons in the bulleted list above), just to gain those improvements. And so my preference for not using sphericals (in general) on a road car should be obvious. I use them judiciously, though, as required to solve particular problems.
    • Easiest way to know is to break out the multimeter and measure it when cold, then measure all the resistances again once it gets hot enough to misfire. Both the original ignitor and the J Replace version. Factory service manual will have the spec for the terminal measurements.