SAU Community

Nismo Struts?

haleja

hey guys,

popped the car (r32) up on a hoist today and sussed out the struts (as there rather firm, thus i don't believe there stock, not that i have ever found another skyline with stock suspension to compare it too.. haha)

all i can tell is that there black and have "nismo" plastered on the side of each strut.

there quite firm as well. not solid, but firm enough to get more or less no roll around corners.

anyone have any ideas where they came from?

nb. the springs are black as well.

thats odd, because when you said they were black i thought yep they are stock ones but then you said it has nismo written on it so now im not sure. i have nismo s-tunes and they are silver and the springs are red.

edit: i forgot to add if they are nismo's then they will be at least damper adjustable. on the rears is a little knob you can turn with number 1 to 4 and the fronts have it on top of the struts.

i got some pics of them that im uploading to tinypic. (ill post them in about 5min, probably by the time i finish writing this), the top of the struts front and rear are just a threaded bolt with a nut on them. im assuming its just the shocker bolted into the strut top?)

i uploaded a pic of teh car itself, its sitting on 17" rims, yet seems to be VERY high, specially for a skyline (lol).

the struts do look black, GRANTED, they are probably very dirty, - i just shoved my phone under the car and took photos, the flash is pretty extreme so everything looks shiny

so the next question is, is for me to lower it, can i just buy lower springs from ebay listed for an R32? or are the struts different?

and the car has already got some pretty noticeable camber, how much does lowering the car effect this?

2814qo3.jpg

swpc0z.jpg

ruo11c.jpg

2h68r3d.jpg

EDIT:

took a pic of the strut top. sorry about the large sizes/shit quality.

2pqrfdi.jpg

Edited by haleja

clean once and you will find they are silver :)

i tough nismo's were adjustable as well , should have a little knob on side of them

you can buy springs for you car to lower and you will have a bit of camber depending how low you go

do standard R32 springs fit into the nismo struts? or are they a 'special" size?

the car looks raised imo, maybe the struts are longer and they got standard height stiff springs.

i only asked about camber as i know you get camber the lower you go, and the car already has negative camber. as much as i want to lower the car, its not really practice if camber goes through the roof.

big questions are.

1. do stander diameter springs fit in to the struts,

2. how much would camber change if i drop her an inch?

ya know, after looking at the rear of the car for a while, i recon the camber isnt actually taht huge, its just the fact that it has a standard rear bar on it, is quite high, and the wheels are 17" by 9".

so the angle (even though minimal) shows up quite a bit.

yeah the struts look good, just demolished boots lol. i dunno what springs i wanna put on there. tein s tech seem the way to go, but i dunno if they will be too soft for me. otherwise ill prob get some custom made ones, i cant find a place to buy them other than ebay.

off topic, anyone know any good online parts dealers based in AUS?

Cheers for ya feedback scotty.