SAU Community

Rb20det Gts-4 Sump Onto Rb25neo Stagea

ITEM 1 dont know what this is called but i know i need it

diff2.th.jpg

ITEM 2 item one came out of this part of the rb20 diff. as you can see i broke the plate which has bolt holes in it

diff3.th.jpg

ITEM 3 this is the rb25 sump+diff.

diffr.th.jpg

im doing a stagea rb25neo into r32gts4 swap

what im trying to do is put the rb20 4wd sump onto the rb25. Because i need to have the same ratio as i have in the rear diff.

my questions are:

how does item 1 stay in the diff?

is it meant to slide in and out of the diff freely?

and can i replace the broken plate on the rb20 diff with the plate off the rb25?

thanks

LOL @ i dont know what it is but i know i need it! :(

Item 1 is your front driver side CV input shaft. The "spine" end goes onto the diff and is held with a circlip as mentioned above. The other end is meant to have a cv boot over the top where the CV joint and shaft goes to, then the shaft obviously goes to your driver front wheel. The circlip is an absolute prick to get off and your need to lever the shaft out of the diff, which it looks like you did but broke the little alloy plate on the end...

So answers:

The spine slides into the diff

No its not meant to slide freely, the circlip holds it in place. Once in place it wont come out without alot of swear words.

Yes the plates should be interchangeable (99% of the awd stuff is the same between, gtr, gts4, gtfour etc), just dont break the one on the rb25neo..

Also get new CV boots while you are there. The tear with age and they are a prick to change.

Edited by R34GTFOUR

item one has a circlip on the end of it so it clips in and doesnt fall out. if its missing any driveshaft shop should have one. ps.. make sure it not sitting in the the diff centre..

item two is a straight swap but swap the bearing cone from the damaged one over and all the shimms with the dammaged one. (critical too keep the factory backlash and bearing preload.)