SAU Community

Flickering Hicas

Mrbacon

Hey,

Sorry if im posting this in the wrong area

Have a 89' R32 Gts-4 with a HICAS Lock bar and aftermarket steering wheel.

Previously it was always on, but Just recently (last week or so) i've been having the HICAS light flickering on and off when im driving.

Any ideas?

Thank

Abe

Edited by Mrbacon

screwed wheel sensor or g sensor maybe

I installed one of those Torque Split controllers a couple months back, that connects where the g sensors are and what not....maybe that might be it

Are the 4WD and HICAS sensors related? because my 4WD light is permanently on too.

Well you took the HICAS out, the light is on because it's detecting a problem.

Technically there is no problem with the HICAS because, there is no HICAS there any more. So the light will always be on until the globe blows or you take the globe out or put the HICAS back in :P

The 4WD light I'm not sure about, maybe it has a problem because HICAS has a problem? Try searching in the maintenance sections of the forum. I wouldn't have a clue.

Edited by SKYRYAN

Yep pull the globe if you have a lock bar installed.

Regarding the 4WD light I would guess that it isn't wired up correctly if it's always on. What type of controller? If it's the Ruzic Engineering version did you splice the wires into the g sensor wiring or cut the wires?

Regarding the 4WD light I would guess that it isn't wired up correctly if it's always on. What type of controller? If it's the Ruzic Engineering version did you splice the wires into the g sensor wiring or cut the wires?

El Cheapo eBay brand Torque split. Forget the name. Cut 1 wire, and spliced the rest, from memory, sorry if that isnt much help.