SAU Community

Shogun, From Stock To Extreme

Today all lower arms got the same satin black touch like the SPL ends. Very classy. I like!

The Kouki lights are on. Super fit. I also changed the pins in the new boot lock assembly so I only have to use one and same key to all locks.

img4b65c125c99ea.jpg

img4b65c102436ba.jpg

Lots of action in the garage.

The head is improved one step further.

To eliminate fuel surge problems and fuel capacity at the track and during heavy acceleration, a surge tank is installed together with two Bosch 044 fuelpumps.

img4b67ccf83e104.jpg

img4b67ccff6a188.jpg

img4b67cd069bfb0.jpg

img4b67cd0b6170f.jpg

img4b67cd10b482c.jpg

img4b67cd1583bcf.jpg

Included with the new Kouki lights, I got a new and longer boot lock-assembly. I do not want to have more than one key so I made a nice and easy modification.

Here is how to do it. I made a small "how to"

Enjoy.

img4b67ff11de367.jpg

What will happen when the fuel pump in the tank will suck air instead of fuel?

This could happen when you are on the track or during heavy acceleration. The fuel is forced towards the side of the tank, away from the pump. Especially when the tank is not full.

The air will be pumped into the fuel line, onwards to the fuel rail and via the injectors into the engine.

Most of the time this will cause a noticeable decrease of power and it may also damage your engine.

To stop air entering the fuel system, a surge tank / swirl pot is a very good solution.

I have tested a couple of designs and found two really well working versions. Which one to use is mainly a question of available space. Some install it in the boot, others in the engine bay. I will put mine in the engine bay.

If it is installed in the boot, use Teflon hoses. They are more gas tight compared with ordinary steel braided hoses and will prevent the smell of fuel inside the car. They are also resistant against E85.

To connect the hoses to the surge tank / swirl pot, use AN-connections. Usual sizes like AN-6, AN-8 or AN-10.

The installation is fairly simple. Remember the high pressure pump need rather much power and should be connected over a fused relay. It is recommended to use the ordinary pump power feed as relay control signal.

Boot installation

img4b67cd069bfb0.jpg

Engine bay installation

img4b6af41586311.jpg

Bosch inline pump (0580254044)

img4b6af60f75a11.jpg

Installation Diagram

img4b6af44601f25.jpg

Got a Haltech solenoid to control the boost very accurately at each load point.

img4b6c3e37e1c8c.jpg

This is how it will be installed but with the exception that I will use two external Tial wastegate valves.

img4b6c40bf28e11.jpg

This story has quite recently been published in a Swedish tuning magazine. The styling will of course look very much different with the Wide Body, new Front Bumper and more :P

img4b7101474c273.jpg

Well done man. Any chance you could translate that for us? Lol

Breefly it says:

You will get lots of women with this car when the new bumper is mounted. All men outside the Monte Carlo Casion in Monaco will envy it when you stop outside to let the parking staff fight to be the one parking the car... lol

Naah.. It say that I wonn round 5 in a competion to have an area and free stay at hotel at an annual exhibition (car show). They are impressed by the engine and all the other stuff the car has undergone and they like the project thread and crisp photos. Sorry nothing about fame and fortune...and women :nyaanyaa:

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up my new Tial waste gate valves from Svensk Turboservice yesterday. They came straight from the Tial assembly line in the USA.

Worth waiting for! They are the new, upprated version with integrated water cooling.

How small are they? I compared them with the earlier bolt on 38mm Tial WG and I can tell you. They are very small! Good! Since I do a twin installation and there isn't much space to talk about.

MV-S V2.0

This revamp features water cooling ports, three bottom air ports and two top air ports. Water ports are not required for operation, but come in handy at road racing, the top hat is close to the turbine housing/down pipe or when the engine bay doesn't get a lot of airflow. Air and Water ports are clearly marked so there is no confusion.

(mine are silver/aluminum coloured).

img4ba85f5c6af0a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...