SAU Community

32 disks?

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has bought new disks as I have to get new ones soon. Did u guys get new standard ones which nissan would charge an arm and a leg for or did u guys go to a brake joint for something different?

Please help me with some info as I dont know wat to do and please give prices if known.

Thanks

Mark

:P

Nissan standard discs are known to be quite soft (well the S15 ones anyway).

You are probably better off getting some from DBA or Racebrakes. You then have the choice of several different types of rotors eg. slotted, drilled, normal etc

C.

• 2 weeks later...

Walk in to any auto shop and ask for a set of std or slotted Nissan Z32 300ZX Rotors. DBA 909 & 908 from memory are the part numbers.

For std. rotors I found the price to vary up to $100 per disk. I picked up my rotors ~2 years back for ~$130 each. They are standards.

When the new motor is dropped in i'm going to find my self a set of R32 GTR calipers and bolt them up to slotted rotors with a set of el' cheapo Maxi-Stops as they make stuff all brake dust, don't squeel and i havn't had them fade yet from several 180km/h brakes.

I'm not heaps heavy on the brakes so a set of these cheap $30 pads will go well with slotteds.

I've seen slotted DBA's for $180 each when I was buying my rotors.

The Z32 rotors/callipers are exactly the same as the R32 GTS-T. Specs are exactly the same.

So no there's no difference.

It says a bit about the stock braking capability of the R32 GTS-T when it uses exactly the same brakes as a 1600kg 208kw twin turbo V6.

The stock brakes the way they are now with a set of good pads (Ultimates or EBC's) won't fade through the hills. Well I havn't been able to get them to fade.

With a lot more power and no speedlimiter :D i'm going to get a set of slotteds for my next set of rotors. For an extra $30 each for slotted rotors I may as well.

If you do get slotteds make sure you get slotted's all round otherwise you will experience what I did (rear wheel lock ups) when I was running ultimates and maxistops. Ultimates on the rear, maxistops on the front.

I just had a look at www.discpads.com

unknown DBA909

rotor slotted 2 183.14

unknown DBA908

rotor slotted 2 205.00

TOTAL PURCHASE $776.28

It adds up damn quick. :(

Slotted rotors and good pads and you will be happy. ;)

ive been aiming to get the

DBA 909s for the front for a while... its only 366 for brand new slotted rotors which are a better buy than the stock or same as options as my car isnt stock and soon will need more stopping power than the stockies can provide....

joel - where did u get the DBA 908s from? i didnt think they made slotteds for the 32 rear? do you know why u cant use the 909s on the back? is there a diff?

I didn't get the slotteds but I got my standards from motor mates around 1.5 years ago i think it was.

I remember some suppliers wern't bringing them in for some reason. Some places were selling a cheaper protec brand. Those disks for standards are around the $80 each as my uncle has just bought some for his Z32 300ZX.

Inarc, there is a pdf of dba's www site that states the specs on the disks, sizes, thickness etc. The 909 and 908's are definately different.

ok cool... on that site tho, even the DBA one and i double checked with repco a few months back they dont have any discs for the rear of a 32...

i was thinking there wouldnt be any harm in just leaving the rears stock and puting the DBAs on the front as thats where most the stopping force is required isnt it?

Hi guys, we have DBA slotted (never drilled) rotors both front and rear on our R32 GTST. Huge stopping difference over the standard rotors, last twice as long and cost less. The cheap Chinese/Tawanese copies wear out faster than the standard rotors. I don't think they are good value for money, particularly when you use more aggressive, high coefficient of friction pads

Hope that helps

Merry Xmas

I have Slotted DBA rotors front and rear on by R32 GTR running EBC Greenstuff pads on the front and BlackStuff at the rear. I haven't noticed any real fade since this upgrade on hills or track. Pretty happy with them.

My next mod is a set of brake ducts, I'm half way with the moulds just to make them bullet proof.

I also have some brake fluid bled after each track day.

Hi guys, we have DBA slotted (never drilled) rotors both front and rear on our R32 GTST.  Huge stopping difference over the standard rotors, last twice as long and cost less.  The cheap Chinese/Tawanese copies wear out faster than the standard rotors.  I don't think they are good value for money, particularly when you use more aggressive, high coefficient of friction pads

Hope that helps

Merry Xmas

did u use the 908s on the rear?

Thats all u can use inark.

Also you may notice that the R32 GTR has the same DBA908 rear disks/callipers. Its only the front callipers that are different between the GTR and the GTS-T.

I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread.

Ring around and you will find a auto shop that has a supplier that gets the DBA908's in.

Not sure about Melbourne but over here in Adelaide we have a few different places: Motor mates, Autobarn, Sprints, Autopro, Repco (I never bother with as they are expensive) & Supercheap.