SAU Community

Does Any One Know Where I Can Get This Colour

niran

Hey every one

the run down is that i got some rims for cheap as the guy selling them didn't have the time to fix them. They are 17 by 8 and 17 by 9 and have buckles in them.

Three out of the four rims are damaged and need to be fixed.. i got a price for them to be fixed through Alliance Rim Repairs which was $130.00 Each however they stated that the original color of the rim cannot be matched and that specific colour is from Japan only.

I dont know about the idea that its only avaible in Japan, so basically my question is does anyone know who i could take these rims to get them painted/powder coated that same color.. a picture off my rims are below.. its a goldy/bronze colour

Also I only gave them my rear rim as the other rear rim had no damage so I thought id let them fix one rim first and see how it goes.. While I wait does anybody know any other places that do a good Job as Alliance does? That I could try out.

post-44649-1254822937_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Niran

Edited by niran

If you PM craved he can get you powder coat in any colour you want

That being said, depending on the colour it could be really expensive

I once enquired about getting some millennium jade powercoat

It needed to be mixed as a custom colour there was a minimum amount that needed to be ordered

I was looking at over $1000 and 100kgs of powder or something rediculous when i only needed about 5 kgs of powder for the job i wanted done

In the end its going to be much cheaper and easier to pick another colour and get your rims powdercoated for $30 each

Niran, those are gmax H050 and retail for around $200-220 each, so $130 to get it repaired is a bit steep....thing is alliance has the monopoly on wheel repairs in perth...so they can charge however much they please really.

the rims came anodized and I dont know a place here to electroplate them. you could probably get them powdercoated for a nice finish...or just sprayed a matt bronze. either way you'll have to do all 4 coz u arn't going to get a match to the original

If you PM craved he can get you powder coat in any colour you want

That being said, depending on the colour it could be really expensive

I once enquired about getting some millennium jade powercoat

It needed to be mixed as a custom colour there was a minimum amount that needed to be ordered

I was looking at over $1000 and 100kgs of powder or something rediculous when i only needed about 5 kgs of powder for the job i wanted done

In the end its going to be much cheaper and easier to pick another colour and get your rims powdercoated for $30 each

Hey man

Thanks for that i will send him a pm now and see what he says i was thnking of maybe painting them matt black if any colour.. as my car is that charcole grey/gunmetal grey colour.

Niran, those are gmax H050 and retail for around $200-220 each, so $130 to get it repaired is a bit steep....thing is alliance has the monopoly on wheel repairs in perth...so they can charge however much they please really.

the rims came anodized and I dont know a place here to electroplate them. you could probably get them powdercoated for a nice finish...or just sprayed a matt bronze. either way you'll have to do all 4 coz u arn't going to get a match to the original

I see, thanks for that i had no idea the rims.. do you reckon it would be easier for me to just buy the front too again brand new, but i don’t know if they even sell them any more? . maybe i will look around some more rim repairers try get a cheaper price on the front two. i think im just going to go matt black if i do end up painting them..

Thanks the both off you, Niran

you might need to shop around if your looking at buying just the rears.

bring them to Summerfield engineering at

6/1731 Albany Highway Kenwick and ask Rob if he's able to do the repairs.

ph: 9459 1078

that another of the only 2 places in perth i kno of that does wheel repairs

you might need to shop around if your looking at buying just the rears.

bring them to Summerfield engineering at

6/1731 Albany Highway Kenwick and ask Rob if he's able to do the repairs.

ph: 9459 1078

that another of the only 2 places in perth i kno of that does wheel repairs

Awesome man, I will give them a ring tomorrow and see how it goes.. Basically my rear two are fine now so need to get the front two fixed.

Cheers dude,

Niran

Hey guys..

What color do you reckon i should powder coat the rims.. i was thinking matt black or a satin black.

I’ve uploaded a photo of my car as i don’t know if powder coating the rims that color would suit my car..What do you guys think?

If not what color you guys think would suit best?

post-44649-1255185352_thumb.jpg