SAU Community

Car Not Firing Up

existence

hey guys..

drove my car this morning for about 15minutes, and i noticed it had a bad fan belt squeal, so i just crawled it home and after a couple of minutes of driving it went away anyway

i just went to start the car now, same day in the afternoon, and it started up fine, then stalled, started again then stalled, and now it is just kicking over perfectly, but wont actually start... all the belts are intact.. i havent touched anything.. seems a bit weird. there isnt any smoke coming from the engine bay when im kicking it over.. but the engine light is flashing on and off...

it sort of seems like its not getting a spark or something. im using splitfire coilpacks, checked all the coil plugs theyre all fine. just wondering if its coincidence with that belt squeal andthen my car not starting.. i dont know alot about cars so be gentle, iv tried to figure it out as best i can, but i suck ;(

its a rb25det with under 100 000km on it, internally stock, with a vipec ecu.

thanks for any help given

after more poking around i have just discovered that my cam angle sensor has come completely loose and can shift clockwise and counterclockwise a couple of centremetres. spoke to a couple of mates who know what they're talking about and they said that is most likely my problem and that my timing is now gonnna be completely stuffed.

2nd question. my car has only been out of the workshop for 2wks, it got retuned when it was in there. does the tuner need to fiddle around with that when tuning? or has it just been loose for a long time..

Moving the CAS will change the engines timing. Sounds like it was left undone. Normally its set about half way on the elongated holes. Its a starting point to get it to run, then tune it to suit.

Your tuner shouldn't of touched your CAS unless you were getting new Cams / Gears put in the top end

Tuners will always check your base timing at the CAS to make sure its matching with the ECU. They sometimes advance it too.

so because its moved my car will need a retune? fken sigh

go back to your tuner and ask them to fix it. they'll remember what your base timing was, all they'll need to do is get a timing light and adjust it to where its supposed to be.

for now adjust it so the bolts are in the middle BABY it to your tuner.

for reference - this is where mine is set at, and its at 18deg btdc:

post-13452-1258969258_thumb.jpg

Edited by SECURITY