SAU Community

Auto Gearbox

R32 GTS4 4DOOR

Well guys and girls....

Last night was having a lil bit of fun leaving work and got a bit carried away...now auto gearbox is without 2nd....

Has anyone got an R32 GTS4 auto gearbox lying around that i can purchase or should i go and do the Manual Conversion.

I want to go RWD in my car, so like I have a manual box etc etc. I wasnt intending on doing it soon. But if you do decide to do it laterish, I'll rip it out around feburary probably.

So u have a gts4, but rb25? Still using rb20 gearbox?

KYP have a few gearboxes at the moment aswel, 20's / 25's and 26's. Think they are looking for bout $960 for the 26 box, so I imagine the others are probably going to be cheaper. Manual conversion would be my recommendation mate, more fun, more control, drive the car the way it was MEANT to be driven.

Well guys and girls....

Last night was having a lil bit of fun leaving work and got a bit carried away...now auto gearbox is without 2nd....

Has anyone got an R32 GTS4 auto gearbox lying around that i can purchase or should i go and do the Manual Conversion.

Do the manual conversion!!!! but if you don't I'm about to do manual convo on stagea rs4. are the auto boxes the same? if so ill sell to ya :laugh:

KYP have a few gearboxes at the moment aswel, 20's / 25's and 26's. Think they are looking for bout $960 for the 26 box, so I imagine the others are probably going to be cheaper. Manual conversion would be my recommendation mate, more fun, more control, drive the car the way it was MEANT to be driven.

+1 KYP

there 25 boxes should be 1200-1300 last time i checked

Manual definately has more driving pleasure over auto too

u will probs be better of putting in a manual box

grrrrr why does nobody make new autos that fit skylines

yeh, it sucks. But the guys at baileys say the are going to build me a really tough box with hi stall, b&n shifter, tough torque converter. I'm getting excited to see how it goes now.

yeh, it sucks. But the guys at baileys say the are going to build me a really tough box with hi stall, b&n shifter, tough torque converter. I'm getting excited to see how it goes now.

sounds pretty good post how it goes cant wait 2 hear :)

Keep us posted on how you go, as I'm interested in doing something like that to my car as well in the near future.

Also the b&n shifter, is that one of those manual auto shift things?

Well, time to report back. Got the car back today at 4pm. My Christmas present to myself....wow, the cars gearbox is so tight! Pulls through the gears nicely, smoothly and alot quicker. The shift has been moulded into the old gear lever so it's invisible to everyone else. The torque converter is set at 2800rpm, so I've got almost full boost as I let the brake go. Wow!