SAU Community

Gear Knob Won't Come Off?

skyline_freak_r33

Hi,

Ive been trying to take the gear knob in my car off but it wont budge. It looks like theres a white adhesive holding it in place. Im not sure but it just doesnt seem to wana come off. Ive attached a few pics of what it looks like at the bottom of it. If someone knows what it is please let me know and also how to remove it.

sorry about the quality of the pics to.

Cheers

post-63140-1260928267_thumb.jpg

post-63140-1260928299_thumb.jpg

post-63140-1260928332_thumb.jpg

That would be Damo being sarcastic...lol.

By the looks of it the gear knob didnt fit properly, so whoever put it on decided to wrap tape of some sort around the gear stick before jaming the knob back on. I would still say you will need to try unscrewing it and pulling up hard at the same time to get it off, wouldnt be a bad idea to leave it in the sun for a little while to warm up, might make the glue go sticky and come off easier, oh, and make sure your head is out of the way when you do it, or set a video camera up for when you punch yourself in the face! lol!

My 2 cents, hope it helps!

seriously bad photos,,, but I would guess they have a tiny set screw along the bottom. and lots of silicone to hold it

unbolt the shifter from the top of the housing and then look at it on a workbench.. ???