SAU Community

Hey Guys, Noob Question Please Help! Please!

Calvz86

Hey guys, just bought an R33 GTST, now 2 questions that I really should know the answer to but I don't, anyway.. AFTER driving for 30 minutes, there's a light below my speedometer (HICAS) I was just wandering if I should be worried because I don't know what it is.. Can someone pleaseeee tell me what that is? And also when I bought the car it comes with a turbo timer and turbo controller (hks) and everytime I boost it to around 5/6 it makes multiple beeping noise, should I be worried? I'm worried that the engine would blow or something.. Sorry bout the noob questions guys, it's my first turbo.. Please help!

the beeping is probably a boost warning level or overboost reminder

check what controller model and brand and find its manual

the HICAS light may come on if the speed wire (53) on the ECU loom has been cut (to avoid the 180kmh speed cut)

either ignore it or check the ECU wiring and look at wire 53, its probably cut

As Paul already covered the likely issues,

If you click this, you will find the forum index, Try forced induction for the EBC issues, suspension etc for the steering/HICAS. search them and see if others have had the same issues... What EBC is it? Find out, find a manual, and work out exactly what it is telling you.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/forums.html

Hey guys thanks for the quick reply.. real helpful but as it is late now and won't be able to get a manual for the hicas problem should I be worried? Or like u said just ignore the hicas light yeah? Cheers again!

Well the Hicas light could even be becuase the hicas is cancelled with a hicas lock bar.. If thats the case then its a good thing.. Check under ur car if u have a bar near ur diff or is there a bar with a motor kind of a thing..

The plain bar without the motor is a hicas lock bar