SAU Community

R34 Tcs Off & Slip Lights Showing

R34mac

Hey Guys,

I had my R34 converted to manual 2 months ago and just purchased an R34 manual ECU to change over. After I swapped the ECU over to the manual one, suddenly the TCS OFF & SLIP lights are showing constantly. I went for a drive and the engine ran fine without issues.

I did a couple of searches and saw suggestions of coil packs needing replacing, but I find it really weird that after I swapped the auto ecu back, the warning lights don't show? Were there any differences between R34 ECU's over the years?

I didn't try to pop a burnout or anything :D

If it is coil packs then the engine light will also come on, so there would be TCS, SLIP and ENGINE.

If it is just the slip and tcs lights you would have to do diagnostics and see what code you get...

From memory the way the data is transferred from the TCS/ABS computer differs with the manual and Auto ECU, so it's throwing up an error due to that. if you can live with the TCS not working I wouldn't worry too much. That's pretty much the only system that is affected, won't change performance in any way.

From memory the way the data is transferred from the TCS/ABS computer differs with the manual and Auto ECU, so it's throwing up an error due to that. if you can live with the TCS not working I wouldn't worry too much. That's pretty much the only system that is affected, won't change performance in any way.

Thanks man. I'm going to get my car NISTUNE'd so I guess I'll have to decide whether I want to be looking at an A/T light or TCS / SLIP lights instead :)

Thanks man. I'm going to get my car NISTUNE'd so I guess I'll have to decide whether I want to be looking at an A/T light or TCS / SLIP lights instead :)

Just remove the bulbs :( It's the quickest way to solve those errors.

• 4 months later...
Thanks man. I'm going to get my car NISTUNE'd so I guess I'll have to decide whether I want to be looking at an A/T light or TCS / SLIP lights instead :ermm:

Hello there. Did you ever figure out what problem was?