SAU Community

Top Feed Injectors And Greddy Manifold

MoogLe

So i was installing my RC injectors in my new greddy manifold today and ran into some confusion

how far in are the injectors supposed to sit in the manifold?

look at the pictures

DSCN7523.jpg

DSCN7524.jpg

DSCN7525.jpg

DSCN7527.jpg

DSCN7530.jpg

is the rc injector supposed to sit flush with the big oring and stick out inside the manifold like the stock injector?

cause the bottom doesnt clear the hole in the manifold, the hole needs to be like half a mm larger for it to go through

is it supposed to be this way or do i need to make the hole a little bit bigger?

the injectors are VQ35DE injectors which may explain the inconsistency

its fine as is, the stock injector you have fitted is not really indicative of its ACTUAL protrusion as its not in the rail.

The RC's seems to be pretty well placed, nearly perfect even :down:

Just for a comparison the rb injectors would protrude about 2-3mm more only, if you look at a 1jz or 2jz that use the tri hole pintle like the RC's they are about 15mm RECESSED into the plenum.

Fit, start = thrash.

its fine as is, the stock injector you have fitted is not really indicative of its ACTUAL protrusion as its not in the rail.

The RC's seems to be pretty well placed, nearly perfect even :P

Just for a comparison the rb injectors would protrude about 2-3mm more only, if you look at a 1jz or 2jz that use the tri hole pintle like the RC's they are about 15mm RECESSED into the plenum.

Fit, start = thrash.

great!

only thing im not following that last sentence of yourse

fit, start = trash?

great!

only thing im not following that last sentence of yourse

fit, start = trash?

I think he means fit the injectors, start up the car and f**king thrash it. BUT i dunno :P Love lunch time at work :D