SAU Community

Help

gebba54

Hey Guys,

just hoping someone might have some idea on a problem I'm having.

On holidays, jumped in the car this arvo and car wont start. Cranked a little at first then nothing.

Reds come on then nothing when I try and turn it over.

I can here the fuel pump prime.

I cant here any click from the solonoid and its a little hard to get to in the dark to try shorting it.

there have been a couple of times in the last week when it seemed slow to crank over, I tried to jump it but no go.

any help would be appreciated

cheers

Gerard

did it make clicking noises??

no clicking noise.

electrics do come on but no cranking.

Had a similar thing on a telstar once which was the battery even though the lights and reds still came on just wasnt enough power to crank??

See my thread re starter problems but if its cranking but slowly then it won't be that.

Try a jump start from another car to get you going.

Starter on the way out will draw excessive current ...so you need to test the battery condition, alternator output and starter draw - so that probably means a visit to an auto electrician.

See my thread re starter problems but if its cranking but slowly then it won't be that.

Try a jump start from another car to get you going.

Starter on the way out will draw excessive current ...so you need to test the battery condition, alternator output and starter draw - so that probably means a visit to an auto electrician.

Thanks Bob, went out this morning and shorted it across the solenoid. turned but slowly.

Managed to give the starter a few good hits and it started, so now have to find an auto electrician in Port Macquarie that will fit a starter tomorrow