SAU Community

Formula 1 2010

Krishy

Writeoff: Correct!

Krishy: You can see the dust go up when Vettel drops a wheel off, and why would Webber move his car over and loose position set up for the next corner??? If Vettel wants to pass then he can figure out how to do it....it's not up to the car in front to say ohh yup hang on here ya go.....

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so krishy, your saying that mark should have moved off the racing line just because someone was trying to overtake him?

clearly there are no team orders, so why should mark pull over to let someone past if hes in the lead and able to keep it? =\

looking back at that youtube clip i cannot see Vettel dropping a tyre off the track....once vettel got infront of Webber he moved to the right to get a better line into the corner and expected webber to move as well...which didnt happen

Webber held his line the whole time. Why should he drop his line and a shit load of pace just to let a pushy team mate fit in where there was no room

Writeoff: Correct!

Krishy: You can see the dust go up when Vettel drops a wheel off, and why would Webber move his car over and loose position set up for the next corner??? If Vettel wants to pass then he can figure out how to do it....it's not up to the car in front to say ohh yup hang on here ya go.....

Vettel was on the ripple strip which is why you see that dust storm behind him but dont think that is what made him loose control of the car and crash into Webber....

Webber was quite a way off of the race line, not saying he should've made it easy for Seb but certainly he made it more difficult than maybe he should've for a team mate. Interesting when comparing to accidents/incidents from years ago, where the blame is laid.....

Vettel had a car width to his left and decided to turn right. If he kept going straight he probably would have been 100% past mark before they even started braking. Mark tried to cover seb at first but when he came along side he started slowly coming back over to his right to start braking for the corner.

all i can say is thank f**k it wasnt ferrari....at least they got some points battling the renaults......makes me vomit

Vettl was at fault 100%, after reviewing the footage, Mark clearly kept his racing line, it was Vettel that suddenly turned in. Dont forget, coming down the straight Vettel was in the dirt, and you could see the cloud of dust behind him. So he is not DEFINITELY on the racing line. Mark had the inside advantage, and since he wasnt in Vettel head at the time dont forget 300k/ph how was he meant to know and respond to Vettel suddenly trying to shift into the racing line when clearly he hasnt passed yet. Not even near it.

Sorry whoever is defending Vettel you are WRONG, i for one dont like webber and have said so in the past, but he has been brilliant this year, and that definitely was not his fault.

Its just Vettel has his panties in a know that all of a sudden Mark has risen to the challenge. I mean what does Vettel want his team to do, turn down Marks car so he can win? What a load of shit. That was a dumb rookie mistake and i think Vettel is being a total girl. Its given me more passion now to egg on Webber and hope Vettel loses every race from now on.

But you must also remember they ARE team mates and Webber had changed engine map to save fuel. Vettel was clearly faster at this point and Mark made it way more difficult than it should've been. Vettel had not changed engine map because he had 1kg more fuel than Mark.

I'm not saying Vettel is faultless in this incident either but the fact that Mark was off the race line and to the left of it trying to 'sqeeze' Vettel in my book warrants some blame fairly and squarely on Mark's shoulders too....

RBR Team Principal Christian Horner

http://www.planetf1.com/news/18227/6182056...arn-from-the sphincter of the universe

"It is right to let the drivers race - we saw McLaren letting their drivers race - but when drivers are in the same team it is important they give each other a bit more respect and concede if one has got a run on the other."

Also coming from the RBR's team advisor

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/6181887/...t-Favouring-Seb

If they weren't team mates then 100% Sebs fault imo

Vettel was on the ripple strip which is why you see that dust storm behind him but dont think that is what made him loose control of the car and crash into Webber....

Ripple strips don't create dust, dropping a wheel off the track into the dirt will though ;)

But I do agree that this prob wasn't the direct cause of the accident.

But you must also remember they ARE team mates and Webber had changed engine map to save fuel. Vettel was clearly faster at this point and Mark made it way more difficult than it should've been. Vettel had not changed engine map because he had 1kg more fuel than Mark.

I'm not saying Vettel is faultless in this incident either but the fact that Mark was off the race line and to the left of it trying to 'sqeeze' Vettel in my book warrants some blame fairly and squarely on Mark's shoulders too....

I don't think holding your line a car-width from the edge of the road is "squeezing". Squeezing is when you move your car towards the other guy to get him to move or back off ... wait, that was Vettel, wasn't it?

So what if they're teammates? Doesn't mean Webber has to let him win. So what if Vettel was faster? Doesn't mean Webber should let him past.

I don't understand why people are blaming Webber just because he made it difficult for Vettel. Vettel had enough room to pass if he maintained his line. Webber didn't move across, Vettel did. That's clear from the footage. All Vettel had to do was stay where he was and outbrake Webber, if he could.

Webber has no need to make it "easy" for Vettel. This is F1, not a friendly game of tag. Vettel's a big boy, he's an F1 driver, he should know how to overtake people without ramming them. Webber has every right to defend his position and he did so by simply holding his line. Had Vettel done the same there would have been no accident, and he may well have passed Webber.

There's been huge upswell of support for webber on alot of forums/blogs, most anger being slung at Horner and the Helmut!

Redbull have some damage control to do before canada, redbulls image is the biggest loser! getting slammed on there own website http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT...mp;refmodpos=D1

IMO vettel misjudged his speed and came accross with a bit to much arrogance, as to say get out my way! glad it was him who paid the price with no points, the team reacted badly to the media and most likely needed to take a breath and review the incident before laying blame.

unreal how much support webber's getting tho, lots saying take the title to a new team, ferrari, renault getting lots of mentions.

What a massive shitstorm this has become!!.... I agree that vettel was far too aggressive and turned into webber.

I reckon he was trying to prove a point after webber has consistently outperformed him... especially in qualifying, but I guess shunting himself off wasn't part of the plan.

The sad fact is, Vettel is a product of the RBR development program. RB have pumped serious money into him to get him where he is and that means he is the future of RBR (with Daniel Riccardo waiting in the wings). Mark was hired to help develop the car and provide the feedback required to get the team to where it is. However, Mark is not the future of RBR. I don't like it one little bit, but it is the reality. Vettel is and will remain the number 1 driver at RBR regardless of what Mark achieves in season 2010 - it would be bloody awesome if he could take the WDC but I doubt it.

I just hope Mark doesn't fall foul of a return to his 'bad luck' days from pitstop errors and poor race strat' calls.

So who has been keeping an eye on the F1 stage over the break?? its good to see a few new teams in the mix and very very delighted to see a few new faces and drivers in different teams.....this season should be a good season me thinks.....Ferrari are dominating testing atm so good to see them bounce back from last season

http://en.espnf1.com/

i cant wait

i cant wait

at least they won the first GP......lol but no they have been very disappointing this season thus far....with new improvements coming along in the next two rounds should see them back up there hopefully....fingers crossed

lol, pages choc full of rbr vs rbr, and Krishy still feels the need to shoot little bits of support for the prancing horse!

you know what else prances Krishy?

Gay_Pride_Parade_CATA112_thumb.jpg

Ferrari will be nowhere this year sorry to say.

But anyway we will wait and see.

Anyway what i want to know is HOW THE f**k DID VETTEL END UP WITH MORE FUEL ON BOARD. Simple, the only way RBR COULD SLOW Mark down was to cause a glitch with his car. They tried and all they got in the end is KARMA.

And it showed their golden boy for the shit rookie driver he really is, because that was a rookie mistake.

Crying bitch Vettel hang your head in shame.

Ferrari will be nowhere this year sorry to say.

But anyway we will wait and see.

Anyway what i want to know is HOW THE f**k DID VETTEL END UP WITH MORE FUEL ON BOARD. Simple, the only way RBR COULD SLOW Mark down was to cause a glitch with his car. They tried and all they got in the end is KARMA.

And it showed their golden boy for the shit rookie driver he really is, because that was a rookie mistake.

Crying bitch Vettel hang your head in shame.

being behind other cars Vettel could slip stream other cars down the straights which allowed him to use less fuel then webber

TO DAMO - i was only responding to my quotation used :)