SAU Community

Just A Quicky

Roundcakes

Hey guys, just a quick one. OK, well about 3 months ago, my engine was pissing out black smoke. I got it checked, turns out it was warn rings, valves, seals. New engines in, but it's running rough, and has a bad miss. The engineer's said the turbo off my old engine, was bigger then the turbo off the new engine. So they did a sap on the turbo as well.

OK so heres the question, i was told when buying the car that it had a bigger turbo, like a garret (or something). Ive seen this (larger turbo) and it has "nissan" printed on it. So basically, is there a larger turbo for a RB25 that you can buy, that is made by nissan? Also this skyline was running 1Bar when it was going, so I'm guessing it had an ok turbo. :cheers:

Thanks guys!

Sounds like a modified stock turbo. It's called a hybrid turbo, as it has a Garrett CHRA (Centre Housing Rotating Assembly or centre part of turbo) + bigger compressor, exhaust wheels and machined stock compressor housing, stock exhaust housing to suit the bigger compressor, exhaust wheels. To most people it looks like a stock turbo, but look inside front of compressor housing and back of exhaust housing and you'll notice the compressor, exhaust wheels are bigger than stock. More noticeable if you have a stock turbo next to a hybrid turbo.

Edited by SKYPER