SAU Community

Baby Gtr Conversion Engine Removal Help

Hey guys,

It’s been a week since I started my R33 gts4 AWD rb25det conversion and the de is finally ready to come out, the problem is its not. I am removing the engine from the gear box and am having some trouble. All nuts and bolts have been removed attaching the engine to the gear box and half of the engine is hanging from the box apart from the top section. I have looked at the back of my new motor and have noticed a male bolt at the top. Does any one have any idea how to get this thing off? I have tried to pry it open with screw drivers and crow bars, lifted the engine up and down on an angle multiple times and still not budging.

When I had a friend from Niss Wreck come over he said something about the clutch and how some skylines won’t allow you to take out the engine this way due to the clutch.

Someone, anyone please help

Thanks

To get the top bolts out you need a few meters of socket extensions (wobble extenstions worked best for me) tilt the motor and box back to gain access from the rear. you have to undo the engine mounts first.

Did you take the starter motor and the shifter off?

If its a pull type clutch did you take the clutch fork or release bearing off?

Once everything is unbolted, Rotate the box 180 (or 90 cant remember) degrees so the bellhousing clears the firewall and it should slide out...

Missed a bolt :D

Engines just hanging now, just got to crack the engine mounts as the diff has no room to exit, this is gonna be fun. PS/ were you actually being serious about rotating the gearbox as that just confused me.