SAU Community

God Of War 3

EeLeYe

God of War 3 is coming out in a couple of weeks and in case you haven't tried the game out yet, the E3 demo is now available at the PSN store for download.

It's a large one at about 2.7GB but totally worth it. The demo itself already pwns the first 2 GoW games and also SH!TS all over Dante's Inferno.

Just a note, it's only at 720p and has a couple of lag issues as it was released last year. The full game though will be running at 1080p and a constant 60fps.

It's gonna be F**KING EPIC!!!!! Kratos ftw...

:down:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre Ordered the Ultimate Trilogy Edition!

Gonna be f**king EPIC!

Played and finished GOW / GOW2.

THE END will BEGIN!

I was in Thailand during the pre-order period :D

So I instead pre-ordered the NTSC Ultimate pack :spank::) :)

The PAL version is going for heaps on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/God-of-War-III-3-Ul...=item2a05354acf

CAN'T WAIT!!!

And Pat, you're right... constant 60fps most of the time which drops to 30fps for the more demanding bits. A link to Playstation Universe GoW3 page which explains this http://www.psu.com/[email protected]

"In the end, there will be ONLY chaos"

Here's the epic trailer in 720p. This clip comes from realtime gameplay and is not a cut-scene. So everything you see can be achieved whilst playing the game.

<<<<< a MUST SEE

And for those who are interested, here's a breakdown analysis of the all tech involved in the above clip and in the GoW3 game in general

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0lsYMg8Xqo

I was in Thailand during the pre-order period :nyaanyaa:

So I instead pre-ordered the NTSC Ultimate pack :) :) :)

The PAL version is going for heaps on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/God-of-War-III-3-Ul...=item2a05354acf

CAN'T WAIT!!!

And Pat, you're right... constant 60fps most of the time which drops to 30fps for the more demanding bits. A link to Playstation Universe GoW3 page which explains this http://www.psu.com/[email protected]

"In the end, there will be ONLY chaos"

Ebay want $400+

Damn!

That quite a bit.

I think EB Games have it for a bit cheaper...

Meh, as long as you have the game! :nyaanyaa:

Coming out in AUS on the 18th March 2010, as I was told today.

Ebay want $400+

Damn!

That quite a bit.

I think EB Games have it for a bit cheaper...

Meh, as long as you have the game! :cool:

Coming out in AUS on the 18th March 2010, as I was told today.

Unfortunately EB had sold out in only a week :P

So I'm settling for an unofficial trilogy edition... the American NTSC version doesn't include the collection (1&2) but the seller I've bought it off is supplying it along with the Ultimate edition. The $400+ version is the PAL official trilogy.

Pandora's box is quite big too; 21*27*15cm...

Unfortunately EB had sold out in only a week :(

So I'm settling for an unofficial trilogy edition... the American NTSC version doesn't include the collection (1&2) but the seller I've bought it off is supplying it along with the Ultimate edition. The $400+ version is the PAL official trilogy.

Pandora's box is quite big too; 21*27*15cm...

So how big is Pandora's box?

21cm x 27cm x 15cm..?

Wasn't too sure of you measurement :(

So is it true, the PS3 does NOT have PAL / NTSC Zoning..?

If you buy a PS3 in AUS or any where in the world you can play all games?

So how big is Pandora's box?

21cm x 27cm x 15cm..?

Wasn't too sure of you measurement :D

So is it true, the PS3 does NOT have PAL / NTSC Zoning..?

If you buy a PS3 in AUS or any where in the world you can play all games?

Yes, that's the size I meant. I was a bit lazy to put the "cm" on all dimensions :cheers:

PS3 games are all region free; so NTSC will work on PAL systems and vice versa. Unfortunately this only accounts for PS3 games and not PS1 or PS2 games, or even blu-ray and DVDs as they must all be PAL.

I've attached a couple of actual screenshots of the game.

post-51176-1268622823_thumb.jpg

post-51176-1268623075_thumb.jpg

post-51176-1268623099_thumb.jpg

post-51176-1268623116_thumb.jpg

post-51176-1268623189_thumb.jpg

Yes, that's the size I meant. I was a bit lazy to put the "cm" on all dimensions :)

PS3 games are all region free; so NTSC will work on PAL systems and vice versa. Unfortunately this only accounts for PS3 games and not PS1 or PS2 games, or even blu-ray and DVDs as they must all be PAL.

I've attached a couple of actual screenshots of the game.

Ok cool, gotcha!

Nice screen shots.

I so can't wait, I have been playing Metal Gear Solid 4 since Boxing Day last year till last Saturday and finished it about 23 times, then I bought Aliens VS Predator. :huh:

Finished AVP in 2 days and last night I just finished the Predator Scenario again :)

Hurry up GOW3!

:D

Is this series reallly that good? I've never played previous titles and have seen couple previews, seemed decent. Good sountrack too, Opeth woo!

I can guarantee any review you read, any demo you play, any GOW enthusiast will say it is one of the best games ever!

Here are some reviews made on the game by the gaming enthusiast ppl.

God of War III

GameRankings: 93.46%

Metacritic: 93/100

1UP.com: A

Eurogamer: 9/10

Game Informer: 10/10

Game Spot: 9.0/10

Game Trailers: 9.2/10

Game Zone: 9/10

IGN: 9.3/10

Official PlayStation Magazine (UK): 9/10

PSM3 (France): 20/20

CDWow has GOWIII preorder for $65

http://www.cdwow.com.au/games/god-of-war-i...3/dp/pc/9857461

not bad.

Shit that is cheap!

So get it man!

CDWow has GOWIII preorder for $65

http://www.cdwow.com.au/games/god-of-war-i...3/dp/pc/9857461

not bad.

Not trying to kill the mood, yeah its a good price but the games arn't always the right region, while it means F-All to the single player gaming it can sometimes stuff up your online and DLC content...

just putting it out there, I have bought off CDWOW, but i'll stick with E-bay...

SWEET!

Just gotta call from EB Games to say my Trilogy Boxset is in!

:D:P:D

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still waiting for mine

:P:down::P

It's going to be an epic "opening of boxset" for you...

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still waiting for mine

:(:(:(

It's going to be an epic "opening of boxset" for you...

:down:

Ah man!

Went to EB Games last night to go pick it up, was having a bit of a chat to the staff there, as he ordered a boxset himself too.

Then this cutie came up as she also ordered GOW3 but only the collectors edition and she was admiring my boxset :D

The boxset package looks so good, I didn't want to open it... But had to so I can play the game :huh:

When opening the box, you have to slide the lid off and the top compartment had cd 3 sound tracks, art work book, postcards and a download voucher.

The 2nd Compartment had GOW 1 and 2 on one Blue Ray disk and GOW 3 on another.

Didn't come with the God of War: Blood and Metal EP = A heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War.

A cd featuring band = Killswitch Engage, Dream Theater, Trivium, Opeth and Taking Dawn.

Not fused cuz I don't listen to any of those bands, I like Metalcore bands + I don't think the AUS release got it...

Was playing the first bit last night and is EPIC!

The retail on the Ultimate Trilogy Edition was $249.95.

:)

Ah man!

Went to EB Games last night to go pick it up, was having a bit of a chat to the staff there, as he ordered a boxset himself too.

Then this cutie came up as she also ordered GOW3 but only the collectors edition and she was admiring my boxset :D

The boxset package looks so good, I didn't want to open it... But had to so I can play the game :laugh:

When opening the box, you have to slide the lid off and the top compartment had cd 3 sound tracks, art work book, postcards and a download voucher.

The 2nd Compartment had GOW 1 and 2 on one Blue Ray disk and GOW 3 on another.

Didn't come with the God of War: Blood and Metal EP = A heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War.

A cd featuring band = Killswitch Engage, Dream Theater, Trivium, Opeth and Taking Dawn.

Not fused cuz I don't listen to any of those bands, I like Metalcore bands + I don't think the AUS release got it...

Was playing the first bit last night and is EPIC!

The retail on the Ultimate Trilogy Edition was $249.95.

You should have told her she can play with your boxset if you could play with hers :blink:

The blood and metal EP is downloadable via the PSN. I think one of the tracks could be "The End Begins (To Rock)" which was a free download for guitar hero 3 on the PS3 (x-box had some halo song) It sounds pretty awesome...

Mine should arrive next week *fingers crossed*

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!