SAU Community

How To Find Leak In Intake

Im getting that high pitched whine ontop of the sucking I can hear from my pod filter.

From what I've read the high pitch whine is a leak in the compressed side of things, but at idle if you rev the car its still a vacuum so the old detergent trick wont work.

Whats the best way to find the leak?

stock turbo yes, but its over boosting. Returned it to stock setup with new vacuum hose and clamps but it still over boosts to 12 psi.

The whine comes on mostly in first and 2nd gear as soon as it starts boosting though even within the normal boost limits.

Smoke test? I make some smoke and see where it gets sucked in?

Ok how do I make the smoke, im a non smoker!

Edited by ascenion24

What weve done in the past is weld a piece of pipe (3-4" long), same as your intake size to a flat plate and clamp it into your turbos intake and on the flat plate end you want to put an air valve, either nitto type fitting or tire valve and when its clamped on hook your air line up and set the desired pressure and run it at that until either hoses pop off or you find where the air is leaking from. Alot of time its just i/c piping not clamped in square or a slight cut in a hose thats torn through.